Alaa Zeineldine  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 19:56
Member (2002)
English to Arabic
+ ...
cleaning headers May 3, 2007

Dear Ahmed,

Actually, the typo was mine not yours. What did you mean by cleaning headers?

ahmadwadan.com
ahmadwadan.com  Identity Verified
Kuwait
Local time: 20:56
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Word Headers & Footers May 3, 2007

Alaa Zeineldine wrote:

Dear Ahmed,

Actually, the typo was mine not yours. What did you mean by cleaning headers?

Trados usually fails to clean Word Headers & Footers so I run macro for the same. In SDL Trados 2007 this problem has been solved. However, sometimes it fails fails to solve it.

Kind regards

Alaa Zeineldine
Alaa Zeineldine  Identity Verified
Egypt
Member (2002)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Clean vs. Macro May 3, 2007

Ahmad Wadan wrote:
Trados usually fails to clean Word Headers & Footers so I run macro for the same. In SDL Trados 2007 this problem has been solved. However, sometimes it fails fails to solve it.

I had given up on cleaning from TWB a long time ago because of the additional mess this leaves behind. I always use the macro (Alt+F8) for cleaning. If I need to update the TM, I just save a spare copy of the unclean file before using the macro, clean the spare copy using TWB, then throw it away.

I sometimes find it more convenient to translate headers and footers by hand or through T-Windows for Clipboard to avoid overflowing the small space available for those sections. they are usually repeated through the document anyway.

Hani Hassaan
Hani Hassaan  Identity Verified
Egypt
English to Arabic
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
SDL Trados 2007 Jan 14, 2008

السلام عليكم،
أخي أحمد وأخي علاء،
هل يوجد موقع لشراء هذه النسخة مع ملف الترخيص بس تكون بسعر رخيص إن شاء الله
أرجو الإفادة
شكرا جزيلاجزاكم الله خيراً

[Edited at 2008-01-14 09:30]

Hani Hassaan
Hani Hassaan  Identity Verified
Egypt
English to Arabic
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
الفرق بين ترادوس 2006 وترادوس 2007 Jan 14, 2008

السلام عليكم،
هل بإمكاني ترجمة ملف بواسطة ترادوس 2006 إذا كان هذا الملف مطلوب إنجازه بواسطة ترادوس 2007؟
شكرا

[Edited at 2008-01-14 09:35]

w2m14
w2m14
English to Arabic
Copy Source & overwrite translatable text Jan 19, 2008

Nesrin wrote:

I open a new segment, but I can no longer type in Arabic. All I can see is squares... What could possibly have happened??
Any help appreciated!

May be it is a font problem, you can solve it using the COPY SOURCE command to get the source segment copied into the target segment box with all the tags. Then you can highlight the translatable text and overwrite it.

I hope this may help too with the error massage of placebles.

Majed Jarrar
Majed Jarrar  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 13:56
English to Arabic
+ ...
3arabic Jul 1, 2008

ya jama3a/gama3a...

howwa il trados works well with arabic? i wanna get it but i want to make sure it works fine with arabic.

if it does,
is there a trial i can download somewhere to try it and practice working on it?

Manal chreidah
Manal chreidah  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:56
German to Arabic
+ ...
No Trados symbols in word, URGENT Aug 10, 2008

Hi everyone,

i opened WORD and suddenly all Trados working symbols were disappeared. What happened????????

Thanks

Manal chreidah
Manal chreidah  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:56
German to Arabic
+ ...
solved Aug 10, 2008

found it

thanks

Yasmin Moslem
Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
English to Arabic
Direction of Latin text included in Arabic target text Oct 3, 2008

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

شكرا جزيلا، أستاذ أحمد، على تعاونكم.

أواجه حقيقة مشكلة (سواء في ترادوس أو وردفاست) فيما يخص إدراج أسماء المواقع وبعض المصطلحات الإنجليزية إلخ ضمن الترجمة العربية، كأن يتحول اسم الموقع هكذا:
com.proz.www

ويحدث نفس الشيء مع أش
... See more
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

شكرا جزيلا، أستاذ أحمد، على تعاونكم.

أواجه حقيقة مشكلة (سواء في ترادوس أو وردفاست) فيما يخص إدراج أسماء المواقع وبعض المصطلحات الإنجليزية إلخ ضمن الترجمة العربية، كأن يتحول اسم الموقع هكذا:
com.proz.www

ويحدث نفس الشيء مع أشكال مختلفة من الكتابة اللاتينية ضمن النص العربي.

فهل واجهتكم نفس المشكلة، وهل هي مرتبطة بهذه البرامج أم بالورد، وهل من حل لها؟

خالص شكري وتقديري

[Edited at 2008-10-03 05:39]
Collapse

ahmadwadan.com
Kuwait
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
أرجو إرسال النص Oct 4, 2008

وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

أهلا استاذة ياسمين

أرجو إرسال النص محل المشكلة لاختباره والرد إن شاء الله.

مع تحياتي

Ayman Medarwash
Ayman Medarwash  Identity Verified
United States
English to Arabic
+ ...
Manal-What was it? Oct 19, 2008

Dear Manal,
What was the prob? I faced it and never got an answer. I just restarted from beginning.
Thank you

[Edited at 2008-10-19 05:07]

dmoamin
dmoamin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:56
Arabic to English
+ ...
Hello Oct 27, 2008

Greetings;

Thanks for helping with Trados. I purchased it recently and I am having some problems, and I was hoping that you can help me.

1- A client sent me a word document that contains tags (html) and she wants me to translate the text using Trados & create a new memory for it. Since I am new to this, I am trying to figure my way around. So where do I exactly go?

I went to tag editor, but, I was not so sure if that is the correct place for this type of t
... See more
Greetings;

Thanks for helping with Trados. I purchased it recently and I am having some problems, and I was hoping that you can help me.

1- A client sent me a word document that contains tags (html) and she wants me to translate the text using Trados & create a new memory for it. Since I am new to this, I am trying to figure my way around. So where do I exactly go?

I went to tag editor, but, I was not so sure if that is the correct place for this type of text?

I went to SDLX translate, but, it doesn’t show the tags and I have to keep going back to the original document to check and see where they are at. I don’t think this is how it should be? I would really appreciate any help or suggestions.

Sorry, but, this is my first time using the program since I purchased it about 8 months ago.

Thanks a lot in advance
Collapse

ahmadwadan.com
Kuwait
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
TagEditor Oct 27, 2008

dmoamin wrote:

I went to tag editor, but, I was not so sure if that is the correct place for this type of text?

نعم هذا هو المكان الصحيح.

dmoamin
dmoamin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:56
Arabic to English
+ ...
Thank you Oct 30, 2008

Hello Ahmed,

Thanks a lot for your help. I do have another question. When I try to view my translation in the TL , it shows well, then when I go back to edit the rest of the translation, and I try to check the view it says that the ( Error occurred while trying to convert to word document " end tag doesn’t have a matching start tag" ).

Another question please: Do I need to create a TM memory before or after I complete the translation? and where do I go to do so?
... See more
Hello Ahmed,

Thanks a lot for your help. I do have another question. When I try to view my translation in the TL , it shows well, then when I go back to edit the rest of the translation, and I try to check the view it says that the ( Error occurred while trying to convert to word document " end tag doesn’t have a matching start tag" ).

Another question please: Do I need to create a TM memory before or after I complete the translation? and where do I go to do so?

And my last questions is : After you finish the tag editor translation, is it simply just saving and then e-mailing, or is there any other step that I need to do before I do that?

Thanks a lot again really very helpful and actually very smart idea to create this very useful forum.

Thanks again
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Arabic Forum المنتدى العربي لبرنامج ترادوس

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »