QA of memoQ files in Xbench 2.9
Thread poster: jackzaprzalsky
jackzaprzalsky
jackzaprzalsky
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
May 5, 2017

My trial version of Xbench 3.0 just ended and I'm still not sure about buying it. I wonder if it's possible to run QA of memoQ files .mqmxl in Xbench 2.9?

Kevin Fulton
Kevin Fulton  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:59
German to English
My workaround May 6, 2017

I haven't used Xbench 3.0, so I'm not familiar with the workflow.
I export my finished file as a "Trados-compatible bilingual DOC" file, then open it in Xbench 2.9 as a Trados Word file. I make my corrections in the source file in MemoQ, export again as a Trados Word file and run the check again if it's a long file or if the client wants a QA report. Then I export the QA results as an Excel file if the customer has requested verification of the QA.

If someone has a better solu
... See more
I export my finished file as a "Trados-compatible bilingual DOC" file, then open it in Xbench 2.9 as a Trados Word file. I make my corrections in the source file in MemoQ, export again as a Trados Word file and run the check again if it's a long file or if the client wants a QA report. Then I export the QA results as an Excel file if the customer has requested verification of the QA.

If someone has a better solution, I'd be happy to hear it!
Collapse

pta-ha

Riccardo Schiaffino
Riccardo Schiaffino  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:59
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
A better solution May 6, 2017

Kevin Fulton wrote:

If someone has a better solution, I'd be happy to hear it!

A better solution is to pay for the Xbench license, thus allowing ApSIC, the company that created the program, to continue developing and improving it.

Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 10:59
English to Italian
MQXLIFF May 6, 2017

jackzaprzalsky wrote:

My trial version of Xbench 3.0 just ended and I'm still not sure about buying it. I wonder if it's possible to run QA of memoQ files .mqmxl in Xbench 2.9?

Not sure what type of file mqmxl is, but try exporting bilinguals from MemoQ as (basic) mqxliff and then importing them in Xbench as xliff files.

jackzaprzalsky
jackzaprzalsky
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! May 7, 2017

Mirko Mainardi wrote:

jackzaprzalsky wrote:

Not sure what type of file mqmxl is, but try exporting bilinguals from MemoQ as (basic) mqxliff and then importing them in Xbench as xliff files.

Thank you Mirko!

Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 10:59
English to Italian
Sure May 7, 2017

jackzaprzalsky wrote:

Thank you Mirko!

You're welcome.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

QA of memoQ files in Xbench 2.9

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »