Thread poster: MollyRose
MollyRose
MollyRose  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:18
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 5, 2017

When I go from one segment to another and there's no TU match, the concordance screen shows up (if there's anything to show). Fine. But I have to click on the new segment; I can't just start typing. That's why a lot of times I have the concordance turned off. But it's helpful sometimes to have the concordance search on, except for this annoying fact, AND

If I want to use something in the concordance, if I click in the segment to select, copy, and paste: as soon as I first click
... See more
When I go from one segment to another and there's no TU match, the concordance screen shows up (if there's anything to show). Fine. But I have to click on the new segment; I can't just start typing. That's why a lot of times I have the concordance turned off. But it's helpful sometimes to have the concordance search on, except for this annoying fact, AND

If I want to use something in the concordance, if I click in the segment to select, copy, and paste: as soon as I first click, instead of letting me work, I have to click OK on the error message that comes up and then click on the concordance tab, scroll to where I was, and then select, copy, and paste. I've tried clicking on the scroll bar first instead of directly in the segment, and sometimes it would work. But lately it doesn't matter where I click; I still get the annoying error message.

The error says: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Is there anything I can do to minimize or avoid these annoyances (other than turning off the automatic search concordance if no TU match exists)?
Collapse

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 21:18
English to Thai
+ ...
Knowledge base Jun 6, 2017

MollyRose wrote:

If I want to use something in the concordance, if I click in the segment to select, copy, and paste: as soon as I first click, instead of letting me work, I have to click OK on the error message that comes up and then click on the concordance tab, scroll to where I was, and then select, copy, and paste. I've tried clicking on the scroll bar first instead of directly in the segment, and sometimes it would work. But lately it doesn't matter where I click; I still get the annoying error message.

The error says: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

There is good knowledge base for this issue. Please see the link below:

https://community.sdl.com/solutions/language/translationproductivity/f/90/t/9735

Soonthon L.

MollyRose
MollyRose  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:18
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
So are you saying, Soonthon, Jun 6, 2017

that the problem for just about any instance of this ubiquitous error message lies in the temp folder being emptied too often (by antivirus software)? That is the gist of the problem given at the link you gave, at least for that person's scenario.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

concordance problems in Trados 2014

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »