Thread poster: Ivana Chmelarova
Ivana Chmelarova
Ivana Chmelarova
Czech Republic
Local time: 09:55
English to Czech
+ ...
Jun 23, 2017

Not asking for help but for explanation: "Trados Freelance Plus allows you to activate the software on two machines simultaneously."
Does this mean that I can, for example, have the Trados in my desktop at home, the file in progress open, and I can leave the house for a couple of hours, with my notebook with the second installation, and work on another translation job in the meantime, before I get back home and continue the job waiting in the desktop? Can I skip between two computers, t
... See more
Not asking for help but for explanation: "Trados Freelance Plus allows you to activate the software on two machines simultaneously."
Does this mean that I can, for example, have the Trados in my desktop at home, the file in progress open, and I can leave the house for a couple of hours, with my notebook with the second installation, and work on another translation job in the meantime, before I get back home and continue the job waiting in the desktop? Can I skip between two computers, the Trados open and used in both of them, sometimes?
Collapse

Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:55
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Yes Jun 23, 2017

ivanachmelarova wrote:

Does this mean that I can, for example, have the Trados in my desktop at home, the file in progress open, and I can leave the house for a couple of hours, with my notebook with the second installation, and work on another translation job in the meantime, before I get back home and continue the job waiting in the desktop? Can I skip between two computers, the Trados open and used in both of them, sometimes?

You can! You have two independent programs, one on your desktop and one on your notebook.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2017 Freelance Plus

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »