JM Fayolle
JM Fayolle  Identity Verified
France
French to English
+ ...
Feb 13, 2010

Hello

this question is about a translation achieved in several days
I d like to know how to set the cursor at the end of the text already translated to start the new session without clicking several times on the ALT-DOWN button

thanks

Marjolein Verhulsdonck-Roest
Marjolein Verhulsdonck-Roest
Netherlands
Local time: 20:29
English to Dutch
+ ...
Alt-Home Feb 13, 2010

usually does the trick in Wordfast Classic (I don't know about WF Pro). It opens the last-translated segment.
You can also select the next sentence to be translated and force WF to segment it (Shift + Alt + Down).
Hope this helps.
Regards,
Marjolein

Maria Castro
Maria Castro  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 19:29
Member (2008)
English to Portuguese
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Restart Feb 13, 2010

Hi,
You can do it by clicking in the wordfast dropdown menu > more... > restart. It will take you to the last translated segment.

Maria

B D Finch
B D Finch  Identity Verified
France
French to English
+ ...
Resuming translation in Wordfast Pro Feb 24, 2011

Maria Castro wrote:

Hi,
You can do it by clicking in the wordfast dropdown menu > more... > restart. It will take you to the last translated segment.

Maria

I assume that advice related to Wordfast Pro. However I can't find the drop-down menu that you are talking about. If that was not for Wordfast Pro, then I should be really grateful if somebody could tell me how to quickly return to the last segment translated. The Wordfast Pro manual is dreadfully inadequate!

Regards,

Barbara

Giuseppe Bellone
Giuseppe Bellone
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
This is what I've noticed Mar 3, 2011

I'm not a Wordfast PRO expert user but I've been trying the program in the past few weeks.
When you translate some segments and don't finish your transaltion, you save what you've done so far ("SAVE" in the toolbar) then from FILE menu you use "Exit". The program closes. When you launch it again it will re-open the same segments you left when you closed it, the cursor will appear in the first segment of course, which ia already translated, BUT on the right you have the "OUTLINE" with all t
... See more
I'm not a Wordfast PRO expert user but I've been trying the program in the past few weeks.
When you translate some segments and don't finish your transaltion, you save what you've done so far ("SAVE" in the toolbar) then from FILE menu you use "Exit". The program closes. When you launch it again it will re-open the same segments you left when you closed it, the cursor will appear in the first segment of course, which ia already translated, BUT on the right you have the "OUTLINE" with all the segments and from there it's easier to reach the last one you've transalted and continue form there.
I could not see any special button that immediately upon launching WF Pro takes you to the last segment you've translated, and that's rather strange, in my opinion. Imagine working with hundreds of segments, immediately reaching the last one you've translated would be a great help.
Has anyone seen that button somewhere? I didn't.
Anyway I hope what I said may help you.
MisterBeppe
Collapse

Argelia Guédez Marmignon
Argelia Guédez Marmignon
Venezuela
Local time: 15:29
English to Spanish
How to go to the Last Modified Segment Aug 3, 2017

In case someone else is having the same doubt and runs into this old unanswered question:
I found out that the shortcut to go to the last modified segment is Shift + F5

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

start a translation with wordfast

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »