Netherlands
Local time: 04:54
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Evaluate using production Oct 11, 2012

Rolf Keller wrote:
Samuel Murray wrote:
Reread the comments and you'll discover that it was never said that Wordfast Classic is freeware. Wordfast Classic can be used for free, as long as you don't use it for large jobs.

From the WF website:
"Demo modes: both WFP and WFC offer demo modes that let translators perform small production jobs for evaluations (up to 500 segments; emptying the TM/database lets you repeat the demo mode indefinitely). WFS' demo mode only allows evaluation, not production."

Yes, "lets you repeat the demo mode indefinitely". And one evaluates a product during production, isn't that so? That is why demos that do not allow you to use it for production are so silly.

POEditor - free online CAT tool Nov 20, 2012

Have you tried POEditor? It's a web-based tool that's been developed quite recently but it's been getting a lot of positive reviews.

You can go to the website http://poeditor.com/ to find out more about its features and give it a try.

Paul Berthelot
Paul Berthelot  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
English to French
+ ...
Across is still fantastic ! Apr 20, 2013

it works now with mssql2008 much faster than old 2005
version 5.5
Just install it from www.my-across.net
Paul
PS it has no limit for the tm to use, works with multilingual projects so you don't have to make many tm for one project, ...etc

[Edited at 2013-04-20 12:09 GMT]

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: duplicate
Paul Berthelot
Paul Berthelot  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
English to French
+ ...
poeditor online but what privacy for contents Apr 20, 2013

poeditor could be interesting but this page doesn't speak about rights on the contents you introduce in this online software, nor about who's access to the db it creates.
Have you any details?
Paul

[Edited at 2013-04-20 12:12 GMT]

POEditor privacy Jul 22, 2013

Paul Berthelot wrote:

poeditor could be interesting but this page doesn't speak about rights on the contents you introduce in this online software, nor about who's access to the db it creates.
Have you any details?
Paul

[Edited at 2013-04-20 12:12 GMT]

From what I see, it is specified in the Terms and Condition section that ''you own your data'' and that ''you control who has access over your data''.
From my own experience with POEditor, there is no option to use data from other accounts than my own.

When I made an inquiry regarding the Translation Memory module I was explained that I can only use my own translations and the translators working with me can access my other translations only if I change the settings so as to allow them to.

Semen Akhrameev
Semen Akhrameev  Identity Verified
Kyrgyzstan
Local time: 08:54
English to Russian
+ ...
I would suggest to try free online CAT tools. Dec 14, 2015

Free online CATs are a good alternative to PC versions if you have stable Internet access.
I've been using SmartCAT for several projects and recently tried MateCat - you may learn more about it here: http://russiantranslator.pro/matecat-review-free-online-cat-tool-for-freelance-translators.html

I also prepared a blog post a
... See more
Free online CATs are a good alternative to PC versions if you have stable Internet access.
I've been using SmartCAT for several projects and recently tried MateCat - you may learn more about it here: http://russiantranslator.pro/matecat-review-free-online-cat-tool-for-freelance-translators.html

I also prepared a blog post about free tools and resources for translators. It includes some useful information about free CATs as well: http://russiantranslator.pro/26-free-tools-and-resources-for-freelance-translators.html
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Which free cat tool do you advise?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »