Jeremy Smith  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:46
Member (2003)
French to English
+ ...
May 4, 2010

Hi,

Upon being forced to "upgrade" Logoport to Translation Workspace, I am now unable to use the programme.

Now, when I open MS Word, I get the message: "The Translation Workspace Word Macros do not match the current Translation Workspace system DLL. Please download the current version of the Translation Workspace Client s
... See more
Hi,

Upon being forced to "upgrade" Logoport to Translation Workspace, I am now unable to use the programme.

Now, when I open MS Word, I get the message: "The Translation Workspace Word Macros do not match the current Translation Workspace system DLL. Please download the current version of the Translation Workspace Client software at http://translate.translationworkspace.com"

This is the current version I have downloaded.

Any suggestions?
Collapse

Labrador77
Labrador77
Ireland
English to Italian
+ ...
Which current version have you downlaoded? May 4, 2010

Hi Jeremy,

Which version have you downloaded and installed? Is it 2.85.01?

Have you restarted your PC after the installation?

Thanks,

L

Skatrine
Skatrine
Canada
Local time: 09:46
English to French
Good for you May 5, 2010

Frankly, Jeremy, as someone who refuses to work on Logoport (and much less get into Translation Workspace), I'm happy you're getting this kind of trouble. You do us all a disservice by letting yourself be bullied in this awful scheme.

Witold Hrycyk
Witold Hrycyk  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:46
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
Did you check the wordcount, by the way... May 6, 2010

I had a similar problem. It only occurred when I opened the file by cklicking it directly in Windows Explorer, but not if Word was first launched from the Start menu.

But anyway, be warned: based on my last project for Lionbridge I managed to prepare a 31-page long document detailing various problems with Translation Workspace. Main problems, AFFECTING DIRECTLY YOUR FINANCIAL BOTTOM LINE AS A FREELANCER, include:

- A gross wordcount discrepancy at the very
... See more
I had a similar problem. It only occurred when I opened the file by cklicking it directly in Windows Explorer, but not if Word was first launched from the Start menu.

But anyway, be warned: based on my last project for Lionbridge I managed to prepare a 31-page long document detailing various problems with Translation Workspace. Main problems, AFFECTING DIRECTLY YOUR FINANCIAL BOTTOM LINE AS A FREELANCER, include:

- A gross wordcount discrepancy at the very beginning, amounting to 25% of the total wordcount to my disadvantage - something you better make sure to check at once, because the moment you (or anybody else) make an entry into the tm server, there is no going back to the initial state to check in case of a duspute.

- Failure to find segments already translated - I even captured several screens showing a segment already translated and the same segment several lines below opened as a No Match.

- Serious document statistics abuse - I documented many cases in which a segment translated from scratch or fuzzy-matched was subtracted from Repetitions.

- Generally slow operation, also because the macros force Word to repaginate the document when changing segment, which means that you spend more of your precious time lamely looking at the software doing things you don't need.

These problems are most prominent in jobs with high repetitions ans fuzzy match rate.

[Edited at 2010-05-06 21:55 GMT]
Collapse

Jeremy Smith
United Kingdom
Member (2003)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Resolved May 6, 2010

I'm feeling rather sheepish - it was a simple thing to resolve. I was trying to click the "LogoportInit" tab key to open the Word macro instead of the new "TWInit" one. Silly me.

I share everybody's disdain for all things Logoport and only do the occasional job using it keeping myself in the good books of a valuable client of mine. I am not being "bullied in this awful scheme". I came here asking for technical advice, not an opinion on my business practices, thanks.

Linda Joelsson
Linda Joelsson  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to Swedish
Major problems May 11, 2010

I'm also having major problems. Seem to be stuck in a neverending Update loop... I have installed and re-installed the latest version and still it won't work. Probably a macro or dll problem... Any hints to what I can try to make it work?

Thanks in advance!

Linda

mjsmyth
mjsmyth  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Update loop in Translation Workspace and Translation Tools May 26, 2010

Sorry, I had an update loop before that I solved by uninstalling, but I have no idea what is causing your problem.

I guess all agencies try to enforce their system of translation tools and wordcounts to some degree and I agree that this is very frustrating for the freelancer who is working in a competitive market and not making a huge amount of money.

[Editado a las 2010-05-26 07:55 GMT]

Jeremy Smith
United Kingdom
Member (2003)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Now I understand Jun 1, 2010

Skatrine wrote:

Frankly, Jeremy, as someone who refuses to work on Logoport (and much less get into Translation Workspace), I'm happy you're getting this kind of trouble. You do us all a disservice by letting yourself be bullied in this awful scheme.

When I asked my question, I was using Logoport/TW free of charge, using my client agency's log-in. The ridiculous nature of Lionbridge's pay-to-work scheme has since been revealed to me, which puts your comment in context. I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiment and have, naturally, refused to go along with paying for the privilege of using this software.

Arvind Raman
Arvind Raman
Singapore
German to English
+ ...
Clean unclean files Feb 25, 2011

Hello,

How to produce clean and unclean files using translation workspace? An answer is much appreciated.

Thanks
Arvind

christela (X)
christela (X)
Clean it up Feb 25, 2011

Arvind Raman wrote:

Hello,

How to produce clean and unclean files using translation workspace? An answer is much appreciated.

Thanks
Arvind

If you translated with the Word plug-in (ancient Logoport), you just save it and then clean it up with Translation Workspace > Documents > Clean to target language. You`ll get a cleaned file in Word and the old one is saved with the double extension .doc.bak or .rtf.bak, this is the bilingual file. Deliver both.

If you worked with the xliff client (client as opposite to server) you just deliver the translated file, which is bilingual. I don`t know how to clean this one, but probably you won`t have to do this.

Peter Mueller
Peter Mueller  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2008)
English to German
How do I uninstall? Mar 30, 2012

I have the same error message, and of course reinstalling does not fix it. Now, how do I uninstall TWS to try from scratch?

Agnese Ruska
Agnese Ruska  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Latvian
+ ...
uninstall Logoport Jun 18, 2012

For now I resolved this issue by uninstalling Logoport.
BR

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Another Translation Workspace upgrade problem

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »