Thread poster: I_CH
I_CH
I_CH  Identity Verified

Local time: 00:23
German to Italian
+ ...
Aug 14, 2010

Hello to everybody
I am looking for a good and valuable TMS.

I am currently using Trados MultiTerm 5.5, but if it not very user-friendly when searching for words or expressions I have saved.

I also have SDL MultiTerm 2007 but I consider it even worse than MT 5.5

Any suggestions are highly appreciated

Kind Regards
Alberto S.

Per Magnus
Per Magnus  Identity Verified
English to Norwegian
Xbench Aug 14, 2010

Try Xbench from Apsic. I have used it for years and will never go back to MultiTerm.
It is free, easy to use and covers a lot of file-types.

Oliver Walter
Oliver Walter  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:23
German to English
+ ...
Similar discussion a month ago Aug 14, 2010

Have a look here:
http://www.proz.com/forum/cat_tools_technical_help/174356-best_terminology_tool.html
It's on the slightly more general subject of terminology lists but might be useful.
Oliver

Mercuri@
Mercuri@
Belgium
English to Dutch
+ ...
Mac Aug 15, 2010

I wonder if any good alternative exists for Mac.

Carlopez
Carlopez
English to French
Lingo terminology management software Aug 16, 2010

I have been using Lingo 4.0, Terminology Management System for several years and find it easy and useful.

Regards...

Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Terminology management for the Mac Apr 7, 2012

Dunno if this is still of interest. I found a quite interesting program for Terminology Management on the Mac. Its' called tlTerm. Costs about 120 €.

Magali GUENETTE
Magali GUENETTE
France
English to French
+ ...
I like easy Terminology management with Wordfast classic Apr 10, 2012

cause the term base is then in txt to be open in the editor or word or excel for instance + TO3000 was offering an interesting Term Managament tool with its recent update.
WF Classic works with Mac, so there should be no problem for you.

Haven't used TO3000 Tool yet and not sure it works for Mac...

Having a good term management tool that could work with all cat tools and system without importing-exporting... (ie. having different versions of the term base for eac
... See more
cause the term base is then in txt to be open in the editor or word or excel for instance + TO3000 was offering an interesting Term Managament tool with its recent update.
WF Classic works with Mac, so there should be no problem for you.

Haven't used TO3000 Tool yet and not sure it works for Mac...

Having a good term management tool that could work with all cat tools and system without importing-exporting... (ie. having different versions of the term base for each cat tool) would be great really... This way whatever the cat tool used, the terms would all be stored in one and same file...

Magali

[Edited at 2012-04-10 09:00 GMT]
Collapse

Richard Foulkes (X)
Richard Foulkes (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
Put them in your TM? Apr 10, 2012

I will occasionally align terminology lists and import them into my main TM so they come up on a concordance search. Otherwise you can end up using twice the effort looking in concordance and a separate terminology resource.

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
tlTerm = Highly (!!!) recommended for serious terminology work Apr 10, 2012

I second Wolfgang's suggestion. I have used every program mentioned here, and finally decided to buy tlTerm. I use it alongside memoQ.

In an ideal world there would of course also be a way to sync my tlTerm termbase with my memoQ TBs, but you can't have everything...

Michael

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Terminology Management Software

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »