Character limit in Idiom WorldServer?
Thread poster: Cezar_Matkowski
Cezar_Matkowski
Cezar_Matkowski
Local time: 11:46
Polish to English
Jan 19, 2012

Hello!

I've got a little problem while working in Idiom WorldServer. It appears that some segments may have some kind of character limit and I'm unable to insert target text longer than given number of characters, even if source segment is longer. Breaking the line helps sometimes but it seems that most segments have 180 characters limit.

Does anyone know what can be done about that? I'm pretty new to this tool and I probably have missed some setting. Alas, I was unable
... See more
Hello!

I've got a little problem while working in Idiom WorldServer. It appears that some segments may have some kind of character limit and I'm unable to insert target text longer than given number of characters, even if source segment is longer. Breaking the line helps sometimes but it seems that most segments have 180 characters limit.

Does anyone know what can be done about that? I'm pretty new to this tool and I probably have missed some setting. Alas, I was unable to find an answer in documentation and SDL help.

Thank you in advance
Cezar Matkowski
Collapse

Ilaria Evangelista
Ilaria Evangelista
Italy
Local time: 11:46
English to Italian
Hi, did you fixed your issue? I'm experiencing the same problem. any tip? Jul 7, 2015

Cezar_Matkowski wrote:

Hello!

Does anyone know what can be done about that? I'm pretty new to this tool and I probably have missed some setting. Alas, I was unable to find an answer in documentation and SDL help.

Thank you in advance
Cezar Matkowski

Carolina Imwinkelried
Carolina Imwinkelried  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 04:46
English to Spanish
Solved May 3, 2016

Just in case someone else is having the same problem...

The technician of the company I work for solved it. Just run Idiom as administrator (it seems the memory allocation is limited if you don't give the program permissions).

Ilaria Evangelista wrote:

Cezar_Matkowski wrote:

Hello!

Thank you in advance
Cezar Matkowski

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Character limit in Idiom WorldServer?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »