How can I know word count on Loc Studio?
Thread poster: Abdelhady Hamid
Abdelhady Hamid
Abdelhady Hamid  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 01:17
English to Arabic
+ ...
Apr 14, 2012

Dear Translators
It is the first time to translate on Locstudio so I need your help. first, I want to know how can I get the word count. Second, after translation, How can I get the translated file cleaned in a word file or excel, is it available?

Please I really need your help

Thank you

Yigit Ati
Yigit Ati  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 02:17
English to Turkish
+ ...
Wordcount Apr 14, 2012

Hi Abdel,

Click on the root of your edb and Open translation, then select the column to be translated. From the main menu click on Addins - Statistics. You will see wordcount at the bottom of the screen.

Yigit

Abdelhady Hamid
Abdelhady Hamid  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 01:17
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Apr 14, 2012

Thank you friend

I appreciate your efforts more. But Can you tell me if it is possible to convert the target into Excel or word?

Waiting your reply

Oleg Karnaushenko
Oleg Karnaushenko  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 02:17
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
CSV or TXT Apr 15, 2012

Select your segments, like you have done for counting the statistics and click Software - Export Software to CSV.
Or just select cells in Locstudio, copy them to clipboard and paste in Excel or Word.

Hope it helps

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I know word count on Loc Studio?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »