Carolin Haase
Carolin Haase  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:25
English to German
+ ...
Apr 18, 2012

Dear colleagues,

as I am working with POedit for the first time I am wondering if it is possible to change several translations at once from Fuzzy to normal? I have over 600 strings here...

Any helpful tips appreciated!

Thanks
Carolin

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 08:25
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Not even Virtaal... Apr 19, 2012

Carolin Haase wrote:
As I am working with POedit for the first time I am wondering if it is possible to change several translations at once from Fuzzy to normal? I have over 600 strings here...

Not even Virtaal has that feature (though I actually requested it, and was told that it would be "dangerous" to have). Your only hope is to open the PO file in a text editor (make sure it detects the file encoding correctly) and remove the #fuzzy lines from the messages that you want to unfuzzy. Simply removing that line (the whole line, including the line break) will mark it as no longer fuzzy.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

POedit: Editing Fuzzy Matches

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »