Clare Smith
Clare Smith
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:32
German to English
+ ...
May 22, 2012

Hello
Apart from SDL products, please can you help me generate a list of CAT Tools with which .ttx files are compatible?
Please list the programmes below.
Thanks!

Rossana Triaca
Rossana Triaca  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 09:32
English to Spanish
TTX... May 23, 2012

Is Trados's proprietary format, and even some of their own versions are not compatible with it, so... many other CAT vendors have tried to interface with TTX files, and indeed some can work pretty seamlessly with them, but you still need to pre and post-process the files with some version of Trados or other to avoid problems.

If you're just putting together a list of CAT tools that include filters for TTX files, then I know Wordfast, Deja Vu X and MemoQ all include them, but I would
... See more
Is Trados's proprietary format, and even some of their own versions are not compatible with it, so... many other CAT vendors have tried to interface with TTX files, and indeed some can work pretty seamlessly with them, but you still need to pre and post-process the files with some version of Trados or other to avoid problems.

If you're just putting together a list of CAT tools that include filters for TTX files, then I know Wordfast, Deja Vu X and MemoQ all include them, but I wouldn't go so far as to call them "compatible".
Collapse

Wojciech Birula (X)
Wojciech Birula (X)  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 14:32
Dutch to Polish
+ ...
Two cheaper tools May 23, 2012

clpeartree wrote:

Hello
Apart from SDL products, please can you help me generate a list of CAT Tools with which .ttx files are compatible?
Please list the programmes below.
Thanks!

- OmegaT (has a plugin for it and it works fine!) - http://www.omegat.org
- CafeTran - ( http://cafetran.republika.pl/features.html )

They probably can't generate TTX file, but you can work with received translation in this format.

[Zmieniono 2012-05-23 04:42 GMT]

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
About memoQ May 23, 2012

memoQ can process these files nicely, but cannot generate them. In theory, memoQ can segment the contents of the files, but for compatibility reasons it is always better to pre-segment them with Trados.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
About CafeTran and OmegaT May 23, 2012

Wojciech Birula wrote:
clpeartree wrote:

- OmegaT (has a plugin for it and it works fine!) - http://www.omegat.org
- CafeTran - ( http://cafetran.republika.pl/features.html )

CafeTran requires a TTX file that is either fully pre-segmented or fully non-segmented. A partially segmented file can't be handled by CafeTran. I recall similar problems with OmegaT (although I haven't tried OmegaT's TTX capabilities for a while -- can anyone confirm this?).

Samuel

Rodolfo Raya
Rodolfo Raya  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:32
English to Spanish
Swordfish May 23, 2012

Hi,

Swordfish can translate TTX files generated by Trados. They don't need to be fully segmented but it is better if they are.

Swordfish can also genrate TTX files for sharing with colleagues that only work with Trados.

Regards,
Rodolfo

Clare Smith
Clare Smith
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:32
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jan 24, 2013

Thanks everyone for your input - much appreciated!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TTX File Compatible CAT Tools

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »