LocStudio 6.11 - Font and Size drop-downs are empty
Thread poster: RosaT
RosaT
RosaT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:33
Aug 7, 2012

Hello there,

I have just moved to a new Windows 7 Pro machine and installed LocStudio 6.11 as usual. It was previously installed on a Vista and another Windows 7 machine with no problems.

I was going to start working and I just realised the Font and Size drop-down menus in Tools > Environment > Options > Format are completely BLANK. Result: I cannot change the interface fonts or the font size, and I am stuck with the default tiny font.

Does anyone have a so
... See more
Hello there,

I have just moved to a new Windows 7 Pro machine and installed LocStudio 6.11 as usual. It was previously installed on a Vista and another Windows 7 machine with no problems.

I was going to start working and I just realised the Font and Size drop-down menus in Tools > Environment > Options > Format are completely BLANK. Result: I cannot change the interface fonts or the font size, and I am stuck with the default tiny font.

Does anyone have a solution for this? I have never seen this before despite having used LocStudio for many years. I would grateful for your input.

Thanks,
Rosa
Collapse

Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
English to French
Wear glasses? Aug 7, 2012

RosaT wrote:
Does anyone have a solution for this?

I experienced the same problem. I squinted.
If this is hindering your work, you would better contact the tech people of your agency and ask them. Agencies are there to answer such issues and give you all the tools and workarounds to make your job easier.
There might be some additional bits and bobs to install.

Are you replacing "Metro" with another interface trade name (German Metro didn't agree to have their name associated with Windows 8)?

Philippe

RosaT
RosaT  Identity Verified
Spain
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Aug 21, 2012

Thank you for your reply, Philippe, I appreciate it.

I did ask my client for support as I posted my question here, of course. Unfortunately they are still trying to find out about this as well. I thought I would get a faster response from colleagues here but, by the looks of it, this is a very tricky one.

In any case, squinting over long periods does not seem like a good idea at all

PS Not su
... See more

I did ask my client for support as I posted my question here, of course. Unfortunately they are still trying to find out about this as well. I thought I would get a faster response from colleagues here but, by the looks of it, this is a very tricky one.

PS Not sure what you are referring to with your question about "Metro". We are probably working on different products!
Collapse

Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
English to French
Waiting for the tube Aug 21, 2012

RosaT wrote:

It was just for you to know that it's not you only.

Definitely not. And after 40, it makes you cry!

PS Not sure what you are referring to with your question about "Metro". We are probably working on different products!

If I understood well, Windows 8 features a new one-size-fits-all touch interface (cell phones, tablets, PCs, laptops), which was named Metro. And now that localisation is more or less over, Metro, a large German distributor that sells goods to companies, argued that Microsoft couldn't use Metro as their interface name.
I haven't been involved in replacing Metro with a new name (I think in the end it's only Windows 8, no more Metro), but it must have been a very tedious task, because it was all over the place in UI strings...

I am not revealing any trade secrets, it was all over the headlines in IT magazines.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

LocStudio 6.11 - Font and Size drop-downs are empty

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »