Thread poster: SoerenB
SoerenB
SoerenB  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 02:05
English to Danish
+ ...
Aug 24, 2012

Looking for a way to convert bilingual dictionaries from TMX format to TBX. As both are XML I would think an XSLT stylesheet would be the most efficient, but I struggle a good deal with the proper syntax. I am sure someone already created such a stylesheet (or another neat way to easily perform this conversion).

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Xbench... MultiTerm Aug 26, 2012

Hi,

If you have ApSIC Xbench and MultiTerm then open the TMX in Xbench and then export to tab delimited. Then convert the tab delimited to a MultiTerm termbase with MultiTerm Convert, finally export to TBX from MultiTerm.

That's the only way I know (other than using other CAT tools to perform a similar process) so would also be interested in a none CAT approach.

Regards

Paul

Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Swordfish III has it Aug 26, 2012

If you install a trial version of Swordfish, then in C:\Program Files\Swordfish III\stylesheets you will find tmx2tbx.xsl

Swordfish the CAT and Anchovy (a terminology tool) have menu commands for running xsl transformations.

HTH

Piotr

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TMX to TBX - XSLT stylesheet or similar

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »