Worfast and Trados templates together in Word 2007
Thread poster: LUISA Fernandez-Sierra
LUISA Fernandez-Sierra
LUISA Fernandez-Sierra  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:33
English to Spanish
Sep 8, 2012

Hi I am trying to setup Wordfast classic 6 and Trados8 in Word2007.
I look for having total control of both templates and abel and disable them at will, without having the activated in Word at startup

They work relatively Ok but Wordfast is over helpful

For example, even when I have the wordfast's template disabled in Word-options, I cannot get rid off the icons of wordfast in the quickaccess too
... See more
Hi I am trying to setup Wordfast classic 6 and Trados8 in Word2007.
I look for having total control of both templates and abel and disable them at will, without having the activated in Word at startup

They work relatively Ok but Wordfast is over helpful

For example, even when I have the wordfast's template disabled in Word-options, I cannot get rid off the icons of wordfast in the quickaccess too bar. Has anyone found out how to prevent wordsfast from changing the normal.dotm template ?

Thank you for any suggestions
Luisa
Collapse

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 16:33
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Probably in the Word STARTUP folder Sep 8, 2012

It's a while since I've done this, but in Windows XP the templates will start automatically if they are located in the folder %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP. You would need to move them to %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Templates to stop them from starting automatically, and then reset their location in Word options.

[Edited at 2012-09-08 21:57 GMT]

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:33
Finnish to French
Location of Quick Access Toolbar in Word 2007 Sep 9, 2012

LUISA Fernandez-Sierra wrote:
For example, even when I have the wordfast's template disabled in Word-options, I cannot get rid off the icons of wordfast in the quickaccess too bar. Has anyone found out how to prevent wordfast from changing the normal.dotm template ?

In Word 2007, the Quick Access Toolbar isn't stored in normal.dotm, but in a file called word.qat:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926805

If you want to run Wordfast Classic and Trados 8 side-by-side, your best bet would be not to copy any of them to the startup folder. Copy them elsewhere and load them manually: load wordfast.dot whenever you want to use Wordfast, and trados8.dot whenever you want to use Trados. This way, you won't have any interference from the other .dot.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Worfast and Trados templates together in Word 2007

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »