Laura Gómez
Spain
Local time: 21:12
Member (2007)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 24, 2012

Dear all
I am translating a file in Locstudio software (Locstudio 4.8) . I have receved a filter from my client, which I apply. The problem is that after localising a strings (its status changes to localised), the string "disappears" and I am not able to review the translation. That is, when I open again the EDB and apply the filter, those strings already localised do not appear.

Any idea of what is happening?

Thanks a lot!

[Editado a las 2012-09-24 16:00 G
... See more
Dear all
I am translating a file in Locstudio software (Locstudio 4.8) . I have receved a filter from my client, which I apply. The problem is that after localising a strings (its status changes to localised), the string "disappears" and I am not able to review the translation. That is, when I open again the EDB and apply the filter, those strings already localised do not appear.

Any idea of what is happening?

Thanks a lot!

[Editado a las 2012-09-24 16:00 GMT]
Collapse

Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
English to French
Depends on how your filter is built Sep 24, 2012

Laura Rodriguez wrote:
That is, when I open again the EDB and apply the filter, those strings already localised do not appear.

Right-click your filter, choose edit and you will know its criteria. As soon as you modify a string, the string status (or sthg else, can't remember) changes. If you close and reopen the file, the filter conditions are applied, and all strings that have been modified no longer appear in the table.

You can create your own filter derived from the original and add sthg like OR changed by is equal to your name to keep seeing changed strings.

They haven't disappeared, they are simply filtered out.

Philippe

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:12
Finnish to French
Do not use all caps Sep 24, 2012

Please read the recommendations for the title of your post, displayed whenever you create one:

Laura Gómez
Laura Gómez
Spain
Member (2007)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
You are right, I did not notice Sep 24, 2012

Dominique Pivard wrote:

Please read the recommendations for the title of your post, displayed whenever you create one:

Dear Dominique

please excuse. You are right, I did not notice it.

Thank you for reminding it to me

Laura Gómez
Laura Gómez
Spain
Member (2007)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Philippe Sep 24, 2012

Dear Philippe

thank you very much! Unfortunately I am not so proficient in creating/editing filters, so I will ask my client tomorrow. Thank you very much. This was driving me crazy!

Laura Gómez
Laura Gómez
Spain
Member (2007)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solution! Sep 25, 2012

As my client could not provide me with a solution in time, I just created a filter to filter only the strings modified by me. And it worked!! I hope this can be useful for someone else in the future!
Thanks to everyone for your support!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The strings disappear in Locstudio 4.8 file after localising strings

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »