Yetta Jensen Bogarde  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 10:28
Member (2012)
English to Danish
+ ...
Feb 18, 2013

Hi,
One of my clients have asked me to use Worldserver and said it is free, but I have tried to download it from the Internet and get the message:
500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

What does that mean? Is it not free anymore?

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
The client must send it to you Feb 18, 2013

Yetta J Bogarde wrote:
One of my clients have asked me to use Worldserver and said it is free...

Whether it is "free" or not, I can't tell, but I do know that if you can get your hands on the installation files, then you can legally install it without paying for it. Unfortunately it is no longer distributed by the company that bought the company that used to distribute it, so if your client wants you to use it, he'll have to supply the installation files himself (e.g. via FTP).

Yetta Jensen Bogarde
Denmark
Member (2012)
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
That makes sense! Feb 18, 2013

Thanks a lot, Samuel.

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:28
Finnish to French
Windows 7 & 8 Feb 20, 2013

Yetta J Bogarde wrote:
One of my clients have asked me to use Worldserver and said it is free, but I have tried to download it from the Internet

Be aware of the fact that - assuming you can locate the installer for the latest (and last) version of Idiom WorldServer - you won't be able to install it under Windows 7 or Windows 8 unless you use the Windows XP compatibility mode (see
http://www.proz.com/post/2045125 for details).

Yetta Jensen Bogarde
Denmark
Member (2012)
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much! Feb 20, 2013

It all sounds more complicated than it ought to be, but I'll have to look into it!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Downloading IDIOM Worldserver Desktop Workbench

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »