Thread poster: Kieran Sheehan
Kieran Sheehan
Kieran Sheehan  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:26
Member (2008)
German to English
Mar 27, 2013

I recently saw it recommended somewhere that one should create a universal termbase for all the terminology one has and use filters depending on the project at hand. Now, I don't think I'm so different from most translators in that I find this task somewhat daunting. I have all kinds of terminology in all kinds of forms scattered on various PCs, sometimes as actual Multiterm TBs, sometimes as Excel or Txt word lists. I would therefore appreciate any tips or suggestions (do's and don'ts) on conso... See more
I recently saw it recommended somewhere that one should create a universal termbase for all the terminology one has and use filters depending on the project at hand. Now, I don't think I'm so different from most translators in that I find this task somewhat daunting. I have all kinds of terminology in all kinds of forms scattered on various PCs, sometimes as actual Multiterm TBs, sometimes as Excel or Txt word lists. I would therefore appreciate any tips or suggestions (do's and don'ts) on consolidating all one's terminology in a single termbase, and especially on how to get started, which index and text fields are mandatory and which are not, etc.Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Creating a universal termbase

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »