lingoboy, free online CAT - opinions needed
Thread poster: Linda81 (X)
Linda81 (X)
Linda81 (X)
May 16, 2013

Hi all,

I have begun my career as a translator in January. I have been searching for CAT software and stumbled upon lingoboy.com

I was wondering if any of you have experience with it. I don't have the income to buy trados licenses so I need a free CAT tool. What other free internet CAT software are available on the market?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Linda

Michael Davies
Michael Davies  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 10:45
Member (2009)
Danish to English
+ ...
Free CAT May 16, 2013

Hi Linda,

I have good experience of Wordfast Anywhere, which is an Internet based CAT with some excellent features and free of charges to use. You can register an account and use the CAT at http://anywhere.wordfast.com/. It comes from the makers of Wordfast Classic and Wordfast Pro and is fairly easy to use if you are at all IT-savvy.

I have a licence for Trados Studio 2011 but st
... See more
Hi Linda,

I have good experience of Wordfast Anywhere, which is an Internet based CAT with some excellent features and free of charges to use. You can register an account and use the CAT at http://anywhere.wordfast.com/. It comes from the makers of Wordfast Classic and Wordfast Pro and is fairly easy to use if you are at all IT-savvy.

I have a licence for Trados Studio 2011 but still make occasional use of Wordfast Anywhere since there are features there, which Studio does not have.

(I don't know anything about lingoboy).

Kind regards,

M. Davies,
MJD Translating,
Denmark
Collapse

Linda81 (X)
Linda81 (X)
TOPIC STARTER
concerning wordfast May 16, 2013

Hi Michael and thanks for the reply. I looked at the link you gave me. I registered and it took my file well but after that I was wondering how to enter the target text. I will figure it out eventually and that definitely is an alternative to lingoboy. Are there any other online CAT tools besides the two?

Linda

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

lingoboy, free online CAT - opinions needed

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »