Martina Russo
Martina Russo  Identity Verified
Estonia
Local time: 15:54
English to Italian
+ ...
Jan 21, 2014

Hello dear colleagues,

is there any of you who uses the Tstream Editor (sed) and happens to be online right now to quickly help me shed some light on a few things?

I normally use Fluency, so I'm a bit confused by this one. It's easy to use in many aspects, but for instance right now I am translating a document which consists of a huge amount of numbers which are just to be "copied and pasted" from source to target. The editor, indeed, detects most of them as 100% matche
... See more
Hello dear colleagues,

is there any of you who uses the Tstream Editor (sed) and happens to be online right now to quickly help me shed some light on a few things?

I normally use Fluency, so I'm a bit confused by this one. It's easy to use in many aspects, but for instance right now I am translating a document which consists of a huge amount of numbers which are just to be "copied and pasted" from source to target. The editor, indeed, detects most of them as 100% matches, but it looks like I have to go through each one of them, double click on the original line or the TM proposal and then click onto next sentence.

It's a never-ending list of almost entirely 2-digit numbers, so you can imagine how much time this costs me. Wasted time. Is there any way to have it automatically do the operation of pasting the numbers when they are absolutely the same as in the source?

Moreover, which I don't understand, some of the numbers (and at times sentences) detected as 100% matches (in blue) are automatically skipped, so I presume that they are automatically translated, but sometimes if I go back to check, the target language line is blank.

Anyone can help?

I would be most grateful for any hints.

Thank you!

Martina
Collapse

Юрий Шитиков
Юрий Шитиков  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 15:54
English to Russian
+ ...
Tstream Editor Jan 6, 2015

Dear Colleague,

I don't know exactly, but my project manager reassured me that 100% matching fields will be pasted automatically into exported document, regardless of what is being displayed in translation mode.

[Редактировалось 2015-01-06 12:10 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tstream Editor

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »