Tanja Braun
Tanja Braun  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:42
English to German
+ ...
Jan 29, 2014

Dear colleagues,
I hope you can help me.
I have to translate a Word file using a TM, but the outcome has to be a bilingual Word file *without* segmentation, i.e. a cleaned file with the original text still in it.

I can use either Wordfast Classic/Pro (which I'm more familiar with) or Trados Studio.

The only solution I've found in the forums so far is manually deleting the delimiters using search/replace.

Does anyone know an easier method?
... See more
Dear colleagues,
I hope you can help me.
I have to translate a Word file using a TM, but the outcome has to be a bilingual Word file *without* segmentation, i.e. a cleaned file with the original text still in it.

I can use either Wordfast Classic/Pro (which I'm more familiar with) or Trados Studio.

The only solution I've found in the forums so far is manually deleting the delimiters using search/replace.

Does anyone know an easier method?

Thanks in advance!
Tanja
Collapse

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:42
Finnish to French
Wordfast Classic + PlusToyz Jan 29, 2014

The combination of Wordfast Classic and PlusToyz will let you do this. You'll obtain a two column table with source segments on the left and target segments on the right.

The function you want to use in PlusToyz is: Trados-like segmented text to Word table.

wordgirl
wordgirl  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2008)
Italian to English
+ ...
Any joy for Mac/Wordfast Pro users? Feb 18, 2014

What a great link, thank you Dominique, but I use WFP on my Mac… any way around that (when clients request clean bilingual files)?

Thanks (and thanks also for all your GREAT WFC/WFP videos on YouTube! - you have saved the day many, many times for me!)

Karina

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 00:42
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Find/replace very easy Feb 18, 2014

Tanja Braun wrote:

That is in fact a very easy method. First make sure hidden text is displayed, then use find/replace all to unhide everything, then convert all the delimeters to tabs, then convert text to table. In a few seconds you have a bilingual table.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Delivering a bilingual but clean file

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »