What free online CAT tool can I use with PPT?
Thread poster: Giulia Onori
Giulia Onori
Giulia Onori
Spain
Local time: 06:26
Italian to English
+ ...
Apr 3, 2014

Hi all,
I've been using WordfastAnywhere and it works fine with Word, but I had a nightmarish experience trying to recuperate a translation I did in PPT format. After doing the translation, the program wouldn't let me download it at the end due to technical errors.

I've been in touch with their technical support team and it seems that they sometimes have trouble with that format.

Can anyone suggest an alternative free online CAT tool for PPT?

Many
... See more
Hi all,
I've been using WordfastAnywhere and it works fine with Word, but I had a nightmarish experience trying to recuperate a translation I did in PPT format. After doing the translation, the program wouldn't let me download it at the end due to technical errors.

I've been in touch with their technical support team and it seems that they sometimes have trouble with that format.

Can anyone suggest an alternative free online CAT tool for PPT?

Many thanks!
Collapse

Wolfgang Jörissen
Wolfgang Jörissen  Identity Verified
Belize
Dutch to German
+ ...
Memsource Apr 3, 2014

The free version of Memsource lets you handle one file per project at a time, and PPT is among the file types. Otherwise, if you just need a temporary solution, you might one to try the test versions of the "big ones".

mfhs
mfhs
Germany
English to German
+ ...
OmegaT Apr 3, 2014

OmegaT is a decent freeware that supports PPT:
http://www.omegat.org/en/howtos/compatibility.html

Good luck!

Giulia Onori
Giulia Onori
Spain
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Apr 3, 2014

Thanks Wolfgang, I'll give it a try!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What free online CAT tool can I use with PPT?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »