Problem with LF Aligner
Thread poster: Sabrina_B
Sabrina_B
Sabrina_B
Germany
Jul 17, 2014

Hello everyone!

After reading several posts on how well LF Aligner works (especially in comparison to the new alignment tool in Trados 2014), I decided to try it out. Unfortunately, it already stops working for me when I try to add the files. It says: "ERROR: File names/paths can only contain ASCII letters and some smybols..." I tried renaming the docx-files without any symbols, even though I only used the ones permitted according to the error message. But nothing worked.
Have
... See more
Hello everyone!

After reading several posts on how well LF Aligner works (especially in comparison to the new alignment tool in Trados 2014), I decided to try it out. Unfortunately, it already stops working for me when I try to add the files. It says: "ERROR: File names/paths can only contain ASCII letters and some smybols..." I tried renaming the docx-files without any symbols, even though I only used the ones permitted according to the error message. But nothing worked.
Have any of you come across the same problem?

Thanks so much for any tips.
Collapse

FarkasAndras
FarkasAndras  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:44
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Folders, too Jul 17, 2014

The character restriction also affects folder names. I.e. c:/éáíáó/file.doc will not work.
P.s. there is a support forum on sourceforge, which is mentioned in the readme. I get email notification of posts there, so I don't miss them.

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:44
Finnish to French
DOS/Windows syntax Aug 7, 2014

FarkasAndras wrote:
The character restriction also affects folder names. I.e. c:/éáíáó/file.doc will not work.

c:/eaiao/file.doc won't work either, but c:\eaiao\file.doc should

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:44
Finnish to French
YouTube video Aug 7, 2014

Sabrina_B wrote:
Have any of you come across the same problem?

Just in case (because instructions are a bit scarce), I made a small YouTube video on how to use LF Aligner in Windows. The character requirement for file and folder names is mentioned in the first comment.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with LF Aligner

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »