Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4]
How do you organise translation memories?
Thread poster: Dan Lucas
Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:42
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Remove from Auto-completion list (Ctrl+Shift+R) Sep 30, 2014

Not sure if this is also possible in other CAT tools, but in CafeTran you can also remove suggestions from the auto-complete drop-down list on the fly with a simple shortcut. If you notice something in the drop-down list keeps showing up that you don't want to see anymore (to make room for more relevant suggestions), just navigate to it (using the up or down arrow keys) and press Ctrl+Shift+R (Remove from Auto-completion list).

Michael

Louise TAYLOR
Louise TAYLOR  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 09:42
French to English
Great thread about TM management - worth a course. Mar 3, 2017

This is a great thread. I can see that it is from 2009 but still relevant to me. I would like a course on this subject.

I am posting here so that I can come back to it. I must admit I didn't understand some of the terminology. I really need to sort out my TMs and termbases.

I have tried Olifant and Heartsome and ended up in a pickle. I am now going to have a look at CafeTran. I am obliged to use two other CATs for my clients who want specific input/output so don't real
... See more
This is a great thread. I can see that it is from 2009 but still relevant to me. I would like a course on this subject.

I am posting here so that I can come back to it. I must admit I didn't understand some of the terminology. I really need to sort out my TMs and termbases.

I have tried Olifant and Heartsome and ended up in a pickle. I am now going to have a look at CafeTran. I am obliged to use two other CATs for my clients who want specific input/output so don't really want to buy another one.

Anyway I could be talking to myself here so. Post marked
Collapse

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Local time: 09:42
Avoid the pickle Mar 4, 2017

Louise TAYLOR wrote:

I have tried Olifant and Heartsome and ended up in a pickle. I am now going to have a look at CafeTran. I am obliged to use two other CATs for my clients who want specific input/output so don't really want to buy another one.

Anyway I could be talking to myself here so. Post marked

To avoid the pickle, consider posting questions about CafeTran in the forum for new users:

https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/forums/6000132966

BTW: Chances are good that CafeTran can process the files of your two other CATs too.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do you organise translation memories?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »