Get rid of unneeed tags with Translator Tools
Thread poster: Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:19
Finnish to French
Nov 28, 2014

A quick video showing how to get rid of unneeded tags in Word documents, using Stanislav Okhvat's excellent Translator Tools:

http://wordfast.fi/blog/cat-tools/2014/11/28/get-rid-of-unneeded-tags-with-translator-tools/
... See more
A quick video showing how to get rid of unneeded tags in Word documents, using Stanislav Okhvat's excellent Translator Tools:

http://wordfast.fi/blog/cat-tools/2014/11/28/get-rid-of-unneeded-tags-with-translator-tools/
or
http://youtu.be/15hJaPTa85I

You'll also catch a glimpse of memoQ 2014 R2's neat new ribbon
Collapse

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 17:19
English to Turkish
+ ...
codezapper vs translator tools Nov 28, 2014

Hi Dominique,

Did you make a comparison between CodeZapper vs Translator Tools? Not a question related to ease of installation & use, interface/buttons, but only the number of tags removed.

New ribbon looks nice, smart buttons (though I still hate the ribbon). For those who don't want to wait until 4 December, is there any other videos where we can see the other buttons on the ribbon?

Selcuk

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:19
Finnish to French
TOPIC STARTER
CodeZapper, memoQ 2014 R2 ribbon Nov 28, 2014

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:
Did you make a comparison between CodeZapper vs Translator Tools? Not a question related to ease of installation & use, interface/buttons, but only the number of tags removed.

No, I didn't, though I did make a video about CodeZapper a couple years ago.
Comparing Translator Tools and CodeZapper for tag removal would most likely be like comparing FineReader and Omnipage for PDF conversion: one tool may be better with one particular file, while the other tool would be better with another file. It also depends on the settings being used: the default CZ settings are more "aggressive" than the default TT settings.

TT appears to have the upper hand at the moment, because of its "unfair" price advantage (you can download it for free, which is no longer the case with CZ). Thus the comparison is relevant mostly for people who already purchased CZ, or who have a Déjà Vu license (since DV has a built-in version of CZ). For other people, TT is clearly the way to go (or at least to start). It also has better documentation, a regular newsletter with info about new features etc.
Selcuk Akyuz wrote:
New ribbon looks nice, smart buttons (though I still hate the ribbon). For those who don't want to wait until 4 December, is there any other videos where we can see the other buttons on the ribbon?

I plan to make a short video about the new memoQ ribbon, hopefully before December 4th. I really like the new ribbon in memoQ: I believe it will make learning the tool much faster for newbies.

2nl (X)
2nl (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 15:19
Can you please make the source file available? Nov 28, 2014

Hello Dominique,

Can you please make the source file available to the public?

I'd like to load the file with CafeTran's special OCR filter to see how CafeTran deals with these rogue codes.

http://cafetran.wikidot.com/ocr

Many thanks,

Hans

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Get rid of unneeed tags with Translator Tools

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »