Database needed
Thread poster: Maria Knorr
Maria Knorr
Maria Knorr
Local time: 03:15
English
+ ...
May 14, 2002

I am looking for a database to keep track of clients and agencies. I have Mac so Microsoft Access does not work, and I want something better than excel. Can anyone suggest something good?

Thanks

Teresa Duran-Sanchez
Teresa Duran-Sanchez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:15
German to Spanish
+ ...
I use Multiterm of Trados! May 14, 2002

Sorry, it might seem silly to you, but if you have Trados, you could use it to register your customers and their details. That\'s what I do and so far it works great. I can export the data into a table any time and viceversa.

(Now, I think you actually do not have Trados -well, if you ever purchase it, you know what the database could be useful for...)

Good luck

Rick Henry
Rick Henry  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:15
Italian to English
+ ...
Filemaker Pro May 14, 2002

What about Filemaker Pro? I don\'t use a Mac, but I know (at least at one time) Filemaker ran on that platform.

HTH

R.

==

Quote:

On 2002-05-14 12:37, Mashulya wrote:

I am looking for a database to keep track of clients and agencies. I have Mac so Microsoft Access does not work, and I want something better than excel. Can anyone suggest something good?

... See more

What about Filemaker Pro? I don\'t use a Mac, but I know (at least at one time) Filemaker ran on that platform.

HTH

R.

==

Quote:

On 2002-05-14 12:37, Mashulya wrote:

Thanks

Collapse

mascd
mascd
Canada
Local time: 03:15
French to English
+ ...
Two database suggestions May 14, 2002

I am a Mac user and for scheduling and as a phone and address database I have used Claris Organizer for a dogs age. For billing I use FileMaker.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Database needed

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »