María Fernanda Pignataro  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 15:55
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 27, 2015

Dear all,

I am in the process of editing a very long document in Word. My client sent me two Word docs (one source, one target). It is very hard to perform this revision with two documents.
Up to now, I was able to generate a TMX TM from the two files.
Now, I would like to create a two column Word file from this TMX, so as to smoothly proceed to perform my revision with tracked changes, and I will later transfer these changes to the target Word file sent by my client.... See more
Dear all,

I am in the process of editing a very long document in Word. My client sent me two Word docs (one source, one target). It is very hard to perform this revision with two documents.
Up to now, I was able to generate a TMX TM from the two files.
Now, I would like to create a two column Word file from this TMX, so as to smoothly proceed to perform my revision with tracked changes, and I will later transfer these changes to the target Word file sent by my client.
Do you happen to know how I may do this? (if this is possible).
I have Wordfast and Studio 2014 as CAT tools.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Kind regards,

Fernanda
Collapse

Andriy Yasharov
Andriy Yasharov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 20:55
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
Heartsome TMX Editor 8 Jan 27, 2015

It is very easy to convert a TMX file to a MS Word bilingual table with a free tool called Heartsome TMX Editor 8. Here's a download link https://github.com/heartsome/tmxeditor8

It is a zip file that does not require installation. Unzip the folder anywhere in your computer and it's ready to use. There will be a menu option Tools that you can select to convert your TMX file.

Joakim Braun
Joakim Braun  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 19:55
German to Swedish
+ ...
Display TMX in a web browser, copy the table Jan 27, 2015

You don't need any special software for this.

See my post http://deu.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/223163-urgent:_studio_2011_how_can_i_convert_sdltm_to_txt.html#1932077

María Fernanda Pignataro
María Fernanda Pignataro  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 15:55
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Issue solved, but I definitely learnt useful material Jan 27, 2015

Dear Andrey,

Many many thanks for your prompt response and very useful information. I will surely use this tool in future.

However, I solved the problem by using Olifant. I uploaded the TM, proceeded to copy all and paste it in Word (using the original format) and it worked. I deleted the unnecessary columns and I created a beautiful table in Word

Kind regards!

Fernanda

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Create a Word bilingual file (table) from TMX

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »