Thread poster: LouisR
LouisR
LouisR  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 20:06
English to French
May 27, 2015

Hi everybody,

I am about to work with another translator. I would like to share with him my SDL Studio Translation Memory.
But he works on a Mac (OSX).
Which CAT tool should he install on his Mac so he can easily read my Translation-Memory file ?
Or is there another solution that I am not even imagining right now ?

Thanks a lot !

Cheers
Louis

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:06
Finnish to French
TMX, number of options May 27, 2015

LouisR wrote:
Which CAT tool should he install on his Mac so he can easily read my Translation-Memory file ?

First of all, you should export your translation memory to the industry standard TMX format, which is supported by nearly all tools on the market.

There are a number of tools that work on Mac: CafeTran, Heartsome Translation Studio, Memsource, OmegaT, Swordfish, Wordfast Anywhere/Classic/Pro, and probably a few others I've forgotten.

2nl (X)
2nl (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
I only use CafeTran for Mac, but ... May 27, 2015

LouisR wrote:

Which CAT tool should he install on his Mac so he can easily read my Translation-Memory

Dominique has already mentioned some CAT tools that work on Mac. Personally, I only use CafeTran for Mac, but since I've translated hundreds of Studio projects with this tool, I can tell you that processing Studio TMs is not a problem.

There can be a problem with recognising file names in zipped files. Your partner should use TheUnarchiver (http://wakaba.c3.cx/s/apps/unarchiver.html) to avoid possible mangling of file names.

LouisR
LouisR  Identity Verified
France
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Jun 4, 2015

Thanks a lot for your answers.
I think I am going to try CafeTran.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to pass on my Translation Memory to a Mac OSX user

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »