Translating Across projects in another CAT tool
Thread poster: 2nl (X)
2nl (X)
2nl (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 23:17
Jun 27, 2015

This isn't a question about Across itself (so that's why I'm posting it here and not in the Across forum), but rather a question about interoperability.

In the Across forum I read this intriguing statement:

In Correction Mode view of Across, you have a button allowing you to export a HTML file with your source text and translation (you can find this button (icon) on the top of your source text in the middle pane).

My question is: Can this external review table be used to round-trip Across projects in other CAT tools?

I just exported my Arano Espresso example text to a beautiful HTML file, using Across 6 PE:

Now the question is: Is it possible to re-import this HTML table after I have edited it with my CAT tool (CafeTran)? So perhaps this question should be moved to the Across forum?

One possible solution would be to use Across's alignment function. On the other hand: since the segments are already perfectly aligned, there must be a simpler solution.

If this all turns to be out possible, this would be quite an amazing shift away from Across's 'closed document chain'. One extra score for FC Interoperability.

[Edited at 2015-06-27 10:17 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating Across projects in another CAT tool

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »