Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
What are the best free CAT tools for beginners?
Thread poster: Areosa
Marat Zhumagul
Marat Zhumagul
Kazakhstan
Local time: 18:24
English to Russian
+ ...
OmegaT Jun 7, 2019

Ola! OmegaT is free (totally free), cross-platform, i.e. running smoothly in any OS, be it Wind, macOS, or Linux, it is a desktop application (i.e. for those like me often working off-line or avoiding using any cloud-based cat tool for a reason), it is a standalone app meaning you don't need MC Office Word to run it, and I havent seen any CAT tool being more intuitive than OmegaT - and I've seen them all. All this makes it an ideal starting point for a newbie cat tool user, and has made me a lon... See more
Ola! OmegaT is free (totally free), cross-platform, i.e. running smoothly in any OS, be it Wind, macOS, or Linux, it is a desktop application (i.e. for those like me often working off-line or avoiding using any cloud-based cat tool for a reason), it is a standalone app meaning you don't need MC Office Word to run it, and I havent seen any CAT tool being more intuitive than OmegaT - and I've seen them all. All this makes it an ideal starting point for a newbie cat tool user, and has made me a long time user, too.
Regards,
Marat

[Редактировалось 2019-06-07 03:12 GMT]
Collapse

Susan Welsh

doloreska
doloreska
Local time: 14:24
Slovenian to English
+ ...
problems with Felix Jun 17, 2019

Hi all,

I downloaded the latest version of Felix last week, version 2.0.0.1, to my PC (Windows 10) and it just didn't work. I could open it, the two windows appeared, but I couldn't open or add any text that should be translated.

Any ideas what could go wrong?

Thanks

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What are the best free CAT tools for beginners?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »