https://www.proz.com/forum/cat_tools_technical_help/296369-how_to_re_import_a_translated_mxliff_file_in_memsource.html

How to re-import a translated MXLIFF file in Memsource?
Thread poster: 2nl (X)
2nl (X)
2nl (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 21:59
Dec 31, 2015

How can I re-import an MXLIFF file that I've translated with another CAT tool back in Memsource?

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:59
Member (2004)
English to Italian
save as target... Dec 31, 2015

making sure the name of the file is exactly the same, open in the desktop editor, confirm all, do your QA (you do, don't you? ) and then upload the document to the server...

2nl (X)
Netherlands
TOPIC STARTER
Not possible in the web editor? Dec 31, 2015

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL wrote:

making sure the name of the file is exactly the same, open in the desktop editor, confirm all, do your QA (you do, don't you? ) and then upload the document to the server...

Thanks! I think this command isn't available in the web editor:

It's there in the stand-alone editor:

BTW: Double-clicking on a word doesn't select it in Safari.

[Edited at 2016-01-01 09:19 GMT]

United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Italian
I don't think... Jan 1, 2016

it's available in the online editor... in theory, you download the bilingual mxliff to translate it with the desktop editor and then you upload it again to the server... there is no command for re-importing a bilingual mxliff in the online editor... you have to do it through the desktop editor...

2nl (X)
Netherlands
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jan 1, 2016

it's available in the online editor... in theory, you download the bilingual mxliff to translate it with the desktop editor and then you upload it again to the server... there is no command for re-importing a bilingual mxliff in the online editor... you have to do it through the desktop editor...

Thanks for the confirmation. BTW: The web editor is very responsive. Is it because nobody is working on New Year's Day?

United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Italian
No idea... Jan 3, 2016

xxx2nl wrote:

BTW: The web editor is very responsive. Is it because nobody is working on New Year's Day?

No idea... sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't... I guess, it's matter of servers' load... it's always slow if several TMs and Termbases are present... if the file is really big, forget it... sometimes it takes 10 seconds to get any matches... it looks for one for centuries...

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 22:59
English to Russian
You can re-import / upload your translated mxliff Jan 3, 2016

using the Tools button where you see the list of your files. The Tools button gives you two options, Extract Terms and Upload Bilingual. If you have your file opened in web editor, then close it because you don't need editing. Upload your file as translated in another CAT tool and then open to check if it is ok.
You don't need desktop editor to do it.

[Edited at 2016-01-04 09:57 GMT]

United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Italian
True... Jan 4, 2016

Stepan Konev wrote:

using the Tools button where you see the list of your files. The Tools button gives you two options, Extract Terms and Upload Bilingual. If you have your file opened in web editor, then close it because you don't need editing. Upload your file as translated in another CAT tool and then open to check if it is ok.
You don't need desktop editor to do it.

[Edited at 2016-01-04 09:57 GMT]

You can upload the mxliff using Tools > Upload > Upload bilingual file on the project page... having said that, I find the desktop editor much quicker than the online one... also, with the online editor you can't open files with over 40,000 segments...

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 22:59
English to Russian
@ Giovanni Guarnieri Jan 4, 2016

having said that, I find the desktop editor much quicker than the online one...

Word

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to re-import a translated MXLIFF file in Memsource?

Translation news related to CAT tools

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »