Thread poster: Vinca
Vinca
Vinca
Russian Federation
Russian to English
+ ...
Jan 18, 2016

Hello everyone!
We are a group of translators and we need to choose a proper CAT tool.
Please, someone help us out.
Using Google Translator Toolkit is almost fine but we cannot view each other's translation memories and sometimes this tool does not even find a segment that you are sure to have translated earlier.
In our work we have to quickly translate the large volumes of simple text in txt. file.
Is there a CAT tool with qualities similar to Google Translator To
... See more
Hello everyone!
We are a group of translators and we need to choose a proper CAT tool.
Please, someone help us out.
Using Google Translator Toolkit is almost fine but we cannot view each other's translation memories and sometimes this tool does not even find a segment that you are sure to have translated earlier.
In our work we have to quickly translate the large volumes of simple text in txt. file.
Is there a CAT tool with qualities similar to Google Translator Toolkit but more usable and, well, prestigious.
Thank you in advance.
Collapse

Michael Davies
Michael Davies  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 10:18
Member (2009)
Danish to English
+ ...
a proper CAT tool Jan 18, 2016

Hi,

I'm not familiar with Google Translator Toolkit but I would suggest that you take a look at Wordfast Anywhere, which offers the possibility of collaborating on translations, including sharing TM's. Access is on-line so you need a reasonably good Internet connection.

It is reasonably simple to use and on-line documentation and guides are available.

Check i
... See more
Hi,

I'm not familiar with Google Translator Toolkit but I would suggest that you take a look at Wordfast Anywhere, which offers the possibility of collaborating on translations, including sharing TM's. Access is on-line so you need a reasonably good Internet connection.

It is reasonably simple to use and on-line documentation and guides are available.

Check it out on http://www.freetm.com/anywhere.html

Regards,

Michael J H Davies
Collapse

John Moran
John Moran  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 09:18
German to English
+ ...
MateCAT Jan 18, 2016

If your criterion is "free" I would look at MateCAT also.

Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
OmegaT Jan 18, 2016

Server projects are possible using Github or something similar.

It supports many file formats and even more with the help of Okapi Rainbow, which can create OmegaT projects.

HTH

Piotr

Lori Cirefice
Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
French to English
Wordfast Anywhere Jan 19, 2016

Free and reliable!

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Isometry runs in Chrome Jan 19, 2016

Vinca wrote:
Is there a CAT tool with qualities similar to Google Translator Toolkit but more usable...

Have a look at Isometry. It costs about EUR 10 per month per translator to use, but it runs inside Chrome browser.

http://www.isometry-trans.com/en/

Vinca
Vinca
Russian Federation
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks to all of you. Jan 19, 2016

We are anxious to try all these tools.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Selection of a CAT tool for former Google Translator Toolkit users

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »