Thread poster: Alexandre Chetrite
Alexandre Chetrite
Alexandre Chetrite
France
Local time: 06:40
English to French
Apr 13, 2016

Hi,

I have to translate a big Microsoft Word file. When on the go I use Wordfast Anywhere. And at home I wish to continue working on the same file. (Trados 2011).

I have the sdltm and sdlproj files. And the glossary English/French as bilingual XLSX file.

But I can't upload the glossary in Wordfast Anywhere Error message:->"Uploaded glossary has no valid terms"

The xlsx file is ok, and other team translators don't have any problem with it.
... See more
Hi,

I have to translate a big Microsoft Word file. When on the go I use Wordfast Anywhere. And at home I wish to continue working on the same file. (Trados 2011).

I have the sdltm and sdlproj files. And the glossary English/French as bilingual XLSX file.

But I can't upload the glossary in Wordfast Anywhere Error message:->"Uploaded glossary has no valid terms"

The xlsx file is ok, and other team translators don't have any problem with it.

Also I can't translate the whole Word file. I only see the first portio of it in WF Anywhere.

Please explain to me how to make it wirk and how to save the file to use in SDL Trados 2011.

And then how to import the TM and same glossary back i Trados to continue working on the translation seamlessly (back and forth from WF Anywhere and Trados 2011).

Regards,
Collapse

dhsanjeev
dhsanjeev  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 11:10
English to Hindi
+ ...
Reply to the query Apr 13, 2016

Just save the file to Trados compatible form while closing the project WF anywhere that way you will be able to open that file in Trados Studio.
Hope this information works for you.
Regards
Sanjiv

Alexandre Chetrite
Alexandre Chetrite
France
Local time: 06:40
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Still problem.. Apr 13, 2016

Hi,

Thanks but that's not enough. I need to upload the glossary on Wordfast Anywhere using a web connection. As I said it failed (format XLSX). And also I only see the first part of my English Word fil in WF Anywhere, so I don't know how to translate the other parts...

I use Mozilla Firefox.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Urgent: Working from Wordfast Anywhere to SDL Trados 2011 Freelance

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »