Need help configuring Alt Gr key in Idiom WorldServer
Thread poster: Priscila Libutzki
Priscila Libutzki
Priscila Libutzki  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 09:57
English to Spanish
Nov 21, 2016

I have a problem regarding the use of the Alt Gr key in Idiom. Whenever I press this key plus any number to enter a symbol —for example, Alt Gr + 2 in order to type the @ symbol (I have a Spanish keyboard),— instead of entering the symbol, Idiom does something completely different: it jumps from one suggestion to the next in the Auto Search section. I want to reconfigure the command for the key to work as it does elsewhere. I've already tried Tools > Customize > Commands > Keyboard... See more
I have a problem regarding the use of the Alt Gr key in Idiom. Whenever I press this key plus any number to enter a symbol —for example, Alt Gr + 2 in order to type the @ symbol (I have a Spanish keyboard),— instead of entering the symbol, Idiom does something completely different: it jumps from one suggestion to the next in the Auto Search section. I want to reconfigure the command for the key to work as it does elsewhere. I've already tried Tools > Customize > Commands > Keyboard, but the “jump from one suggestion to the next in Auto Search” function is nowhere to be found, so I can't change it. Does anybody know if there's a way to do it?Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Need help configuring Alt Gr key in Idiom WorldServer

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »