Looking for info about Trados
Thread poster: Louis Sanguinetti
Louis Sanguinetti
Louis Sanguinetti  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:27
Italian to French
+ ...
Jun 3, 2002

I would like to get an info on what Trados is. Please give me sites or docs that can brief me.

Thanks.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:27
English to German
+ ...
Quite a lot of info available... Jun 3, 2002

Hi.

Trados is one of the widely-used computer-aided translation (\"CAT\") tools available. \"Computer-aided\" means that you don\'t let a machine translate, but you\'re using databases (usually in conjunction with fuzzy search mechanisms) to support your workflow in terms of terminology and by \"recycling\" previous translations. Check ou
... See more
Hi.

Trados is one of the widely-used computer-aided translation (\"CAT\") tools available. \"Computer-aided\" means that you don\'t let a machine translate, but you\'re using databases (usually in conjunction with fuzzy search mechanisms) to support your workflow in terms of terminology and by \"recycling\" previous translations. Check out www.trados.com and www.translationzone.com for more details; also refer to the \"Comparison Shopping\" forum right here.

HTH - best regards, Ralf
Collapse

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 06:27
SITE FOUNDER
http://www.translatorgroupbuying.com Jun 4, 2002

ProZ.com member Alex Seidanis has just launched a new site with a group deal on TRADOS ($495):

http://www.translatorgroupbuying.com

I believe this is the least expensive way to purchase TRADOS.

Henry

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for info about Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »