Assia Amnay
캐나다
Local time: 04:32
Member (Mar 2020)
Arabic to English
+ ...
Sep 4

Hi everyone,

I am starting a new job, the company uses the Chrome OS operating system. I am the in-house translator and they asked me to create the translation department and suggest CAT tools and other programs I might need.

I was gonna give MemoQ a try but the issue is I just realized they run everyone on Chrome OS.

Can you please help me with some efficient CAT tools that are compatible with that.

File extensions : Docs, ppt, excel, pdf
... See more
Hi everyone,

I am starting a new job, the company uses the Chrome OS operating system. I am the in-house translator and they asked me to create the translation department and suggest CAT tools and other programs I might need.

I was gonna give MemoQ a try but the issue is I just realized they run everyone on Chrome OS.

Can you please help me with some efficient CAT tools that are compatible with that.

File extensions : Docs, ppt, excel, pdf
Would love to have : MT
Number of users : 1

Thank you!
Collapse

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
네델란드
Local time: 10:32
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Online, I think Sep 4

Assia Amnay wrote:
The company uses the Chrome OS operating system.

I know of no CAT tool that runs on Chrome OS. As far as I know, Chrome OS doesn't even have Java (so e.g. OmegaT is also out of the question). This means that you're going to have to use online tools.
- Wordfast Anywhere (WFA): Free to use (with some restrictions), can connect to e.g. Google Translate.
- MemSource Personal: Free to use (with some restrictions) (paid version is $30 per month), has a built-in machine translator.
- MateCat: Free to use, can connect to e.g. Google Translate.
- SmartCat: Free to use, can connect to e.g. Google Translate.

Xenia Fernandez
Elena Feriani
Gabriel Lang

esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:32
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Anaphraseus Sep 7

As I understand, LibreOffice can be used under ChromeOS. So, try Anaphraseus. It is the only thing that comes to my mind (except for SaaS solutions). And it will work with text documents only.

[Адрэдагавана 2020-09-07 12:01 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

CAT tool for Chrome OS

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2021
One central location to store and manage multilingual terminology.

By providing access to all those involved in applying terminology (such as engineers, marketers, translators, and terminologists), our terminology management solution ensures consistent and high-quality content from source through to translation.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2021 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2021 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2021 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • 용어 검색
  • 일거리
  • 포럼
  • Multiple search