Thread poster: Olivia Bisegna
Olivia Bisegna
Olivia Bisegna  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 04:30
English to Italian
+ ...
Jan 31, 2008

When I try to open wordfast with a doc, a window appears displaying this message:

This document has a faulty paragraph style, probably created by a faulty third party application, select the entire document then copy and paste it into a new empty document and try again. Thank you.

I have tried many times to do what the message suggests but at no avail.

HELP!!!

Olivia

nordiste
nordiste  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
Wordfast or Word problem ? Feb 1, 2008

Can you open the doc with Word ?

If not, you could try the "open and repare" option on the Word document (Version Office 2003)

Menu File, option open
Select the document in the window.
On the bottom right side, where you see the word "open" click on the arrow and select the "open and reparre" option.

I've tried it on a document where I had messed up sections and styles, and it worked just fin.

Hope this helps !

Olivia Bisegna
Olivia Bisegna  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It was a settings problem Feb 4, 2008

Thanks for your kind reply. I remembered that a month ago, while setting up a Trados TM the Trados workbench had asked me to change the end of paragraph from ; to something else.

I undid that and it worked. Thank God I remembered.......

Thanks anyway.

Olivia

Carla Saboia
Carla Saboia
Local time: 23:30
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Still doesn't work Feb 26, 2014

Hi guys,

I'm having the same problem, always after converting a document from PDF to Word using Abbyy FineReader. Copying and pasting into a new document doesn't help, neither does it to open+repair the document (although Word does say that there was an error). Any other hints?

Thanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast - doc has faulty paragraph style

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »