Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66] >
Off topic: 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing
Thread poster: Renquan Yang
Kevin Yang
Kevin Yang  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:23
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Please take this as my final warning Apr 9, 2008

Wenjer Leuschel wrote:

Kevin Yang,

Do you remember this case http://www.proz.com/forum/chinese/23976-�����ʼ��Ƿ��������⣿.html?start=4 ? Note the second and the third points:

(2) Do you agree that all members should be treated with respect...

(3) Do you understand that moderators can not create their own policies?

As Angus Wu wrote somewhere in this forum, "欲加之罪何患无辞 (You find always rhetorics to accuse someone.)" happens only when there is a power unbalance. You have the power to hide away whatever I write to defend myself and you believe people don't see it, just like the Tibetans cannot make them heard because of media locking.

Now, you accuse me of posting too many messages. My question on this would be: Are my messages political? Most postings of mine are about how to or how not to become a translator. These messages are widely appreciated. Maybe that is why some people have been attacking me and you let them do it just like letting this thread standing here for attacking people who defend human rights?

It is time that you cut off with your own agenda/policies!

- Wenjer

Wenjer Leuschel,

Thank you for quoting Henry's post here. The members in this Forum see well if I meet Henry's requirements, so do you.

I do not agree with you that "there is a power unbalance" here. You are no victim. You posted more than anyone else in this forum, so you have had more than your share to speak.

From all the posts you posted in the Chinese Forum, everyone can see who keeps talking about politics. So, the answer is "Yes." to your question. Taking this thread as an example, I was trying to lead this discussion to the rule-accepted direction, yet you on one hand complained to the Management about this thread and requested an investigation, on the other hand you tried to lead it into further political discussion. This is the reason that I had to hide certain posts of yours. If you have problem with it, please file another support ticket.

You publicly and privately challenge my moderation work and your such behavior is totally not acceptable. You are interfering with my duty and work at this Forum. This is not for discussion. Please take this as my final warning.

Kevin Yang

[修改时间: 2008-04-09 13:28]

chance (X)
chance (X)
French to Chinese
+ ...
东来: Apr 9, 2008

按你看到的,这一栏是有人提出问题,Kevin并没有关闭这一栏,许多人都发表了看法,Kevin还改了标题,那么我觉得我在这里就上面提出的问题作些说明是完全必要的,其他人的不同意见也应该让人家表达。

chance wrote:

在伦敦和巴黎的抗议不是对中国人民的抗议,是对中国政府无视人权的抗议。

国际奥委会将2008奥运会评选给中国时,当时的中国政府是作出改善人权状况的保证的。相当多的法国人希望政府能够在人权问题上向中国政府表态,也希望中国政府能够开始与达赖对话,但是法国政府和一些其它国家政府一样,只看到中国的巨大经济市场而至今态度模棱两可。在这种情况下,民间便会有人出来表示抗议,这在民主国家是常见的。

事实上,在巴黎的示威队伍中,藏人并非是主体,更多的是法国人权组织和法国普通民众。而他们要捍卫的正是奥运火炬应该代表的那些普世价值。

奥运会在古希腊开始那一天起,就象征着光明、团结、友谊、和平、正义。如果北京奥运火炬确实体现了它所象征的那些价值,当然应该受到尊重。如果传递火炬时,这一价值并没有同时传递,那么我们应该维护的是其价值而非火炬本身。

确实,有些抗议者粗暴抢夺火炬、或是强行灭火等方式并非无可厚非。但正如一位示威者向记者表示的那样,我并不想流血受伤。可如果不是这样的话,没有人听到我们的声音。与此同时,中国驻法大使馆也组织中国在法留学生及其他组织举行维护奥运火炬的行动。

在巴黎的火炬传递活动中,总指挥是中方,除了一次是技术问题,其它四次熄灭火炬并改乘车都是中方指挥或亲自动手熄灭的,包括最后缩短路程,也是中方的决定,这些都有现场直播和录像为证。整个过程,3000名法国警察的任务是配合中方组织者,维持秩序。同时,法国警方还要保证火炬传递人员的安全,也要保证抗议者的安全。说实话,在执行过程中,同时要保证这几方面是很不容易做到的。火炬传递在伦敦遇到类似抗议,2000名英国警察做了同样工作,但是由于英国政府明确表示参加奥运会开幕式,中国政府便决定让媒体表扬英国警方,指责法国警方。

2004奥运火炬传递所经之处均是节庆气氛,2008火炬传递气氛却大相径庭,也许应该想想是为什么?

[Edited at 2008-04-09 12:55]

[Edited at 2008-04-09 13:41]

Jason Ma
Jason Ma  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 00:23
English to Chinese
+ ...
Miss Huang, 好像是法语的汉字音译 Apr 9, 2008

Miss Huang, 好像是法语的汉字音译

isahuang wrote:

高忙達賴嗚﹖
你这“高忙達賴嗚“是啥意思?我咋看不明白呢?是笔误,还是我落伍?还是效果?

chance wrote:

2004奥运火炬传递所经之处均是节庆气氛,2008火炬传递气氛却大相径庭,也许应该想想是为什么?
。。。
但正如一位示威者向记者表示的那样,我并不想流血受伤。可 如果不是这样的话,没有人听到我们的声音

是啊,我也在纳闷为什么。每个人都有自由表达自己意愿的权利,尤其是在法国这样一个国度。三百六十五天,从嘎纳海滩到比利时,从英吉利海峡到德国,有的是时间和地方。
为什么非要选在此时、此地?
流血受伤(让自己还是让别人?),从残疾女运动员手中抢夺火炬,明天,在三藩市不知道还会出现什么新节目。
这样说来从行动到言论都难以说服人这是peaceful demonstration。任何一部词典中都不会有这样peaceful demonstration.
法国警方的工作的确难做,你想想如果示威者有以“流血受伤”的手法让自己的声音传出来的想法,还要让人保护他/她,同时还要保证传递过程顺利进行。难。时间、地点,场合都选对了。

[Edited at 2008-04-09 13:43]

[Edited at 2008-04-09 13:48]

[Edited at 2008-04-09 13:50]

[Edited at 2008-04-09 13:52]

[Edited at 2008-04-09 13:54]

chance (X)
chance (X)
French to Chinese
+ ...
抢火炬只是个别人所作所为 Apr 9, 2008

抢火炬只是个别人所作所为,并不能代表大多数抗议者。旧金山抗议者也说了,他们要和平抗议,如果有人要强行抢火炬,那只能代表他个人的行为。在这种成千上万人的抗议活动中,有人出来代表他个人的行为并不罕见。

Jason Ma wrote:

是啊,我也在纳闷为什么。每个人都有自由表达自己意愿的权利,尤其是在法国这样一个国度。三百六十五天,从嘎纳海滩到比利时,从英吉利海峡到德国,有的是时间和地方。
为什么非要选在此时、此地?
流血受伤(让自己还是让别人?),从残疾女运动员手中抢夺火炬,明天,在三藩市不知道还会出现什么新节目。
这样说来从行动到言论都难以说服人这是peaceful demonstration。任何一部词典中都不会有这样peaceful demonstration.
法国警方的工作的确难做,你想想如果示威者有以“流血受伤”的手法让自己的声音传出来的想法,还要让人保护他/她,同时还要保证传递过程顺利进行。难。时间、地点,场合都选对了。

[Edited at 2008-04-09 13:43]

[Edited at 2008-04-09 13:48]

[Edited at 2008-04-09 13:50]

[Edited at 2008-04-09 13:52]

[Edited at 2008-04-09 13:54]

[Edited at 2008-04-09 13:56]

Jason Ma
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
I hope so. Apr 9, 2008

I sincerely hope so. Merci, Madam.

chance wrote:

抢火炬只是个别人所作所为,并不能代表大多数抗议者。旧金山抗议者也说了,他们要和平抗议,如果有人要强行抢火炬,那只能代表他个人的行为。在这种成千上万人的抗议活动中,有人出来代表他个人的行为并不罕见。

isahuang
isahuang
Local time: 12:23
English to Chinese
+ ...
大家不用太紧张 Apr 9, 2008

Jason Ma wrote:

I sincerely hope so. Merci, Madam.

chance wrote:

西方国家游行示威多的去了。中国人不用这么高度重视。通过游行表达参与者的意见,这在西方太常见了。通常有游行发生,西方政府不怎么当回事的,至少在美国是这样的。After all, policy is not made by the street. But people of different opinions can certainly take to the street.

isahuang
isahuang
English to Chinese
+ ...
now I got it. Apr 9, 2008

Jason Ma wrote:

Miss Huang, 好像是法语的汉字音译

高忙達賴嗚﹖

jyun 可真是个 genius. Jason, 还有老袁,我在这里跟你们问好了,高忙達賴嗚? 

jyuan_us
jyuan_us  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2005)
English to Chinese
+ ...
洗洗﹐你就裝吧 Apr 9, 2008

isahuang wrote:

jyuan_us wrote:

chance wrote:

六四运动好像是和平运动吧?结局呢?是谁的耻辱?

法兰西共和国不会做出那种耻辱的事!

Jason Ma wrote:

Shame on these PEACEFUL protestors and, no politics please.

[Edited at 2008-04-08 15:28]

高忙達賴嗚﹖

wonita (X)
wonita (X)
China
Local time: 13:23
The captain is always right! Apr 9, 2008

Libin PhD wrote:
I think going through the support ticket channel is the best way.

Challening the authority of the moderator in public and interfere with his/her work , also in public, are wrong. If I were a moderator, that will be enough reason for me to take someone out who does those things. Again, he or she can complain about my action via the support ticket channel. If the site managers think I am at fault, I will resign to take the responsibility. It is just that simple.

The rules on the ships are:

Rule No.1: The captain of the ship is always right.
Rule No.2: If the captain is wrong, please consult Rule No.1.

Clear enough, everyone?

[Edited at 2008-04-09 15:23]

isahuang
isahuang
English to Chinese
+ ...
我要深刻检讨,最近有点儿迟钝。看老袁的帖子,得think out of the box Apr 9, 2008

jyuan_us wrote:

isahuang wrote:

jyuan_us wrote:

chance wrote:

六四运动好像是和平运动吧?结局呢?是谁的耻辱?

法兰西共和国不会做出那种耻辱的事!

Jason Ma wrote:

Shame on these PEACEFUL protestors and, no politics please.

[Edited at 2008-04-08 15:28]

高忙達賴嗚﹖

wherestip
wherestip  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:23
Chinese to English
+ ...
洋泾浜 Apr 9, 2008

If I may say so. No offense intended.

英文的所谓 "汉字拼音" 我经常还百思不得其解呢, 更别说法文了.

wherestip
wherestip  Identity Verified
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
Secret Code Limited to a Few Apr 9, 2008

For example, how do you get 沙发 from "so fast"?

Jason Ma
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
是什么广告用词吗? Apr 9, 2008

这么耳熟,是什么广告用词吗

jyuan_us wrote:
洗洗﹐你就裝吧

isahuang wrote:

[Edited at 2008-04-09 14:42]

ysun
ysun  Identity Verified
United States
English to Chinese
+ ...
Simple facts Apr 9, 2008

Wenjer,

It may not be appropriate to talk about Jianjun’s case here. However, since you repeatedly mentioned this case here and made false accusation, I have no other way except to respond.

I don’t remember exactly when the turmoil was started, but everyone can see that at least the following thread was dated on June 23, 2007.
The Taste of Power: Concerning t
... See more
Wenjer,

It may not be appropriate to talk about Jianjun’s case here. However, since you repeatedly mentioned this case here and made false accusation, I have no other way except to respond.

I don’t remember exactly when the turmoil was started, but everyone can see that at least the following thread was dated on June 23, 2007.
The Taste of Power: Concerning the Locked Thread
http://www.proz.com/forum/chinese/76174.-the_taste_of_power:_concerning_the_locked_thread-.html

In your own words, the turmoil “lasted about four and half a month”. So, when exactly was the turmoil started? Jianjun announced his resignation on September 17, 2007 and a ProZ.com manager immediately expressed the management’s acceptance of his resignation. Therefore, the turmoil could be started as early as in May, 2007. On the other hand, Bin and I jointly submitted our ticket on September 17, 2007, shortly before we saw Jianjun's resignation annoucement on the same day. It is our right to submit any support request ticket to the management, and it is the right way to solve any problems if you think a moderator is unfair. Did you set a good example by criticizing a moderator openly on this forum? I don’t think so!

By the way, Jianjun has never been banned from participating in discussions on this forum. It was his own decision to stay away from this forum. If you think Jianjun was unfairly treated in any way, you may send out another ticket.
Wenjer Leuschel wrote:

You were one of those who helped in settling the turmoil last year. I was insisting upon my right of being a full member in the community while your agenda was something else: To get Jianjun Zhang out of the community. He was treat unfair, almost like I was. However, I am not going to let such unfairness happen again. For this reason, I insist upon my right as a full member at present, too. And I hope that everybody can stay and learn to get along with each other with respect, none will be shut up who talks reasonable. Here is a place where no one shall fear of suppression of any kind.

[Edited at 2008-04-09 15:09]
Collapse

jyuan_us
jyuan_us  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2005)
English to Chinese
+ ...
我10年沒看到國內的廣告了 Apr 9, 2008

Jason Ma wrote:

这么耳熟,是什么广告用词吗

jyuan_us wrote:
洗洗﹐你就裝吧

isahuang wrote:

[Edited at 2008-04-09 14:42]

就算吻合了什麼也不賴我﹐吼吼。

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

2008 Olympic Games in Beijing

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »