Kari Peltola
Kari Peltola  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:49
English to Finnish
+ ...
Apr 18, 2018

Hello fellow translators.

For some time now I have been looking to find a tool to manage my translation jobs and invoices, but haven't found an option that I would be happy with, so I started to develop my own. The problem for me with the tools that I have looked into is the complexity. They often require me to input data that I don't really care about, show too much data, or make the common tasks harder than they should be.

So I set out to develop a simple tool for man
... See more
Hello fellow translators.

For some time now I have been looking to find a tool to manage my translation jobs and invoices, but haven't found an option that I would be happy with, so I started to develop my own. The problem for me with the tools that I have looked into is the complexity. They often require me to input data that I don't really care about, show too much data, or make the common tasks harder than they should be.

So I set out to develop a simple tool for managing translation jobs and creating and tracking invoices (and nothing else). If you feel that you might be interested in this kind of tool, I would like to invite you to become a test user.

What does a test user do?

As a test user, you can use the functioning product to manage your translation jobs and to create invoices before the actual launch. You are not asked to perform any specific tests. All I'm asking is to provide a little feedback on what you think of the tool and let me know if you encounter some issues. As a thank you for your help, you will also get to use the tool for 1 year free of charge after its launch.

If at any point you feel that the tool is not for you, you are free to opt-out with no obligations.

If you are interested, please send me an email through my profile. If you have any questions about the project, I'd be happy to answer them in this thread.
Collapse

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
desktop or online? Apr 18, 2018

Hi Kari,

Is it a desktop or online tool?

Regards,

Michael

Kari Peltola
Kari Peltola  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Finnish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Online tool Apr 18, 2018

Hi Michael,

It will be an online tool.

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Thanks Kari! Apr 18, 2018

I was just curious. I'm more than happy with the relatively new BaccS, so am not planning to change anytime soon. Good luck with your tool though!

Michael

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for test users for a translation project management tool

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »