Mónica Algazi
Mónica Algazi  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 01:00
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
Jul 19, 2019

Hola colegas,
Hoy recibí un mensaje titulado "INVITATION" en el que una persona llamada Dianna Anderson me invitaba amablemente a integrarme a ARC Translation Services, una agencia de traducción con sede en California.
Cuando accedí a inscribirme, y antes de marcar el cuadradito de consentimiento correspondiente, se me ocurrió darles una lectura a los "Términos de uso".
Para mi sorpresa, perdido entre un largo collar de artículos, había uno que decía que al traductor se
... See more
Hola colegas,
Hoy recibí un mensaje titulado "INVITATION" en el que una persona llamada Dianna Anderson me invitaba amablemente a integrarme a ARC Translation Services, una agencia de traducción con sede en California.
Cuando accedí a inscribirme, y antes de marcar el cuadradito de consentimiento correspondiente, se me ocurrió darles una lectura a los "Términos de uso".
Para mi sorpresa, perdido entre un largo collar de artículos, había uno que decía que al traductor se le exigiría efectuar UNO O MÁS PAGOS a ARC Translation Services, que esta podría modificar a su exclusivo criterio el monto de tales pagos, y que entraría a correr interés por mora si el traductor no hacía los pagos exigidos.
Cuando le escribí a la Sra. Dianna Anderson para pedirle que me aclarara esa cláusula, mi mensaje rebotó.
En resumen: alerto a los colegas para que no caigan en esta trampa.
Saludos y buen fin de semana para todos,
Mónica
Collapse

Willy Martinez
Cristina Polanski

Walter Landesman
Walter Landesman  Identity Verified
Uruguay
English to Spanish
+ ...
Gracias Jul 19, 2019

Gracias por el aviso, Mónica. Estaremos alerta.
Saludos,

Walter

Willy Martinez
Willy Martinez  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
Más detalles sobre la inquietud original Aug 12, 2019

Yo también recibí la invitación. Los términos de servicio de esa empresa pueden consultarse en
https://arctranslationservices.com/legal/terms-of-service/. Parece ser una empresa legítima y la dueña está afiliada a la American Translators Association, pero el sistema es "objetablemente creativo" en cuanto a eso de cobrar al traductor independiente por los servicios
... See more
Yo también recibí la invitación. Los términos de servicio de esa empresa pueden consultarse en
https://arctranslationservices.com/legal/terms-of-service/. Parece ser una empresa legítima y la dueña está afiliada a la American Translators Association, pero el sistema es "objetablemente creativo" en cuanto a eso de cobrar al traductor independiente por los servicios que presuntamente le presta la empresa. Mientras tanto, he publicado una consulta en el foro www.paymentpractices.net. Gracias y saludos...
Collapse

Mónica Algazi
Uruguay
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Lo llamativo ... Aug 12, 2019

... es que no se puede responder a esta invitación de la Sra. Dianna Anderson que me ha llegado en tres oportunidades. Cada vez que le escribo para pedirle aclaración sobre su curiosa modalidad de trabajo, sencillamente me rebota el mensaje, diciendo algo así como que esa dirección de correo electrónico no existe.

Andrés Contreras
Andrés Contreras  Identity Verified
Venezuela
Member (2018)
English to Spanish
Gracias Aug 12, 2019

Gracias, Monica, muy útil tu alerta.

Jorge Payan

Anastasia Schüle
Anastasia Schüle
Local time: 00:00
German to English
+ ...
Email Address Aug 13, 2019

Mónica Algazi wrote:

... es que no se puede responder a esta invitación de la Sra. Dianna Anderson que me ha llegado en tres oportunidades. Cada vez que le escribo para pedirle aclaración sobre su curiosa modalidad de trabajo, sencillamente me rebota el mensaje, diciendo algo así como que esa dirección de correo electrónico no existe.

...but the address the Invitation came from is "[email protected]" - obviously there's gonna be no reply. Did you try the address at the bottom of the email that is "[email protected]"?

I am searching for the information as well, and I am reading the Terms of Service (quoted by Willy Martinez, https://arctranslationservices.com/legal/terms-of-service/), and those seem to refer to clients of the agency, not service providers. This is where I see about payments that have to be made and the interest, which is normal for the clients.

I cannot find the terms saying that the translator has to pay anything to the agency. For translators, there is a Service Agreement under https://arctranslationservices.com/service-agreement/, and in it I cannot find anything that demands that translators pay for performing services.

That said, I really liked how the invitation sounded, but I cannot find any information at all about the company apart from their website. Asked around in Facebook groups and nobody heard of them. Which I don't like...

[Edited at 2019-08-13 11:36 GMT]

Willy Martinez

Mónica Algazi
Uruguay
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Of course I did Aug 13, 2019

I wrote to "[email protected]". No way to get in touch with this lady...

Willy Martinez
Argentina
English to Spanish
Posible error en un enlace del sitio web de la empresa Aug 14, 2019

En el foro www.paymentpractices.net el coordinador publicó el siguiente comentario el 13/AGO/2019...

There appears to be an error in the links on their website. The links to "Terms of Service" on the Translator Registration page point to what appear to be ToS for CLIENTS in that they reference fees to be paid.

There is a Service Agreement for "consultants", which I presum
... See more
En el foro www.paymentpractices.net el coordinador publicó el siguiente comentario el 13/AGO/2019...

There appears to be an error in the links on their website. The links to "Terms of Service" on the Translator Registration page point to what appear to be ToS for CLIENTS in that they reference fees to be paid.

There is a Service Agreement for "consultants", which I presume to be intended for freelance translators at https://arctranslationservices.com/service-agreement/

I am waiting for a response from the company clarifying this issue.

Note: The company has also been reported to ATA for misrepresenting their membership and violation of the logo usage policy. The company is not a member of ATA; the owner...is an individual Associate member.

[Edited at 2019-08-14 15:00 GMT]
Collapse

Nadia Bondarczuk
Nadia Bondarczuk  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Según el Service Agreement, ellos se quedan con una comisión y te paga el cliente... Aug 29, 2019

He recibido la misma invitación. Sin embargo, después de registrarme, no enviaron ningún mail de confirmación y no hay manera de comunicarse con ellos para corroborar. Me falta intentar llamarlos por teléfono.

Ahora el enlace de "Terms & Conditions" te lleva al Service Agreement, que curiosamente dice lo siguiente:
As the only consideration payable hereunder, the customer for whom you perform services will pay you, minus Arctranslationservices’ fees, in accordance
... See more
He recibido la misma invitación. Sin embargo, después de registrarme, no enviaron ningún mail de confirmación y no hay manera de comunicarse con ellos para corroborar. Me falta intentar llamarlos por teléfono.

Ahora el enlace de "Terms & Conditions" te lleva al Service Agreement, que curiosamente dice lo siguiente:
As the only consideration payable hereunder, the customer for whom you perform services will pay you, minus Arctranslationservices’ fees, in accordance with the pay rates quoted by the Company’s project scheduling platform for your Deliverables.

Si no entendí mal, no se responsabilizan de pagarte ellos, sino que te paga el cliente y ellos se quedan con una comisión. ¿Qué tal? Con razón los mails no funcionan. Algo raro hay!
Collapse

Mónica Algazi

Mónica Algazi
Uruguay
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
And the hits just keep on comin'! Aug 29, 2019

Just now, and no way to get in touch with this lady...

"Invitation Letter
Inbox
x

ARC Translation Services [email protected] via sendgrid.net
1:35 PM (1 hour ago)
to me

Dear Monica Algazi Bayley,

It is with great pleasure that we invite you to join our network of professional translators at ARC
Translation Services. Our nation
... See more
Just now, and no way to get in touch with this lady...

"Invitation Letter
Inbox
x

ARC Translation Services [email protected] via sendgrid.net
1:35 PM (1 hour ago)
to me

Dear Monica Algazi Bayley,

It is with great pleasure that we invite you to join our network of professional translators at ARC
Translation Services. Our nationwide network is comprised of translators and interpreters with
university degrees in translation, linguistics, foreign language or in a related field, with a
minimum of two years of qualified translation experience.

OUR SERVICES

INTERPRETATION SERVICES
DOCUMENT TRANSLATION SERVICES

We Offer

Build long-term partnership for consistency in terminology and style, for the same client over time.
Request meaningful collaboration between translators to guarantee the highest quality of translations for our clients.
Maintain the most accurate and reliable level of translation.
Respond to your questions and concerns in a timely manner, by phone or e-mail.
Fast payout upon order completion.

What We Expect

Translations of utmost accuracy.
Prompt delivery.
Clear and responsive channels of communication.

If we sound like the right company, please join our team!
click HERE to join us now or visit us at: https://arctranslationservices.com/translator-registration-form/

Sincerely,

Dianna Anderson | Founder & CEO
ARC Translation Services
Phone: 818-429-8075
Fax:818-396-4484
Email:[email protected]
Web: www.arctranslationservices.com

ARC TRANSLATION SERVICES’ mission is to deliver the highest quality of interpretation
and translation services to businesses, organizations as well as individuals, while constantly
improving quality of the customer service and minimizing costs."
Collapse

Edward Potter
Edward Potter  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 06:00
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Hay algo raro aquí Aug 29, 2019

Acabo de recibir la misma invitación de ARC Language Services, y les respondí con un email, que fue rebotado.

Veo 3 posibilidades:
1) Es una empresa legítima que simplemente ha enviado una dirección de email no válido con las miles de copias de emails que han enviado.
2) A pesar de tener una imagen bastante profesional, la empresa es nueva y la supuesta notaria a cargo de la empresa no tiene mucha experiencia.
3) Es un scam.

A ver si consiguen ten
... See more
Acabo de recibir la misma invitación de ARC Language Services, y les respondí con un email, que fue rebotado.

Veo 3 posibilidades:
1) Es una empresa legítima que simplemente ha enviado una dirección de email no válido con las miles de copias de emails que han enviado.
2) A pesar de tener una imagen bastante profesional, la empresa es nueva y la supuesta notaria a cargo de la empresa no tiene mucha experiencia.
3) Es un scam.

A ver si consiguen tener algunas opiniones en el Blue Board próximamente. Lo veo raro que no tengan perfil allí.
Collapse

Willy Martinez
Mónica Algazi

Willy Martinez
Argentina
English to Spanish
Es una miniempresa donde todo parece girar alrededor de una sola persona, la notaria. Aug 30, 2019

Tiene un sitio web de excelente imagen y está bien asesorada jurídicamente. Pero no es más que un emprendimiento unipersonal...

Por otra parte, está infringiendo el protocolo de afiliación a la ATA y la política de uso del logotipo de la ATA. La compañía NO está afiliada a la ATA. Quien está afiliada individualmente y como "Associate Member" es la dueña notaria.

Yo también recibí la invitación dos veces.

No perdamos más tiempo con esto...

Mónica Algazi

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ALERTA

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »