Translation quality - Manage your clients' perception of quality
The core learning of the course is to make linguists aware of the fact that 'quality translation' is not only limited to the linguistic aspect of translation.
Some of the following issues will be covered in the presentation:
a. Why high linguistic quality alone may not qualify to reward the linguist with a higher income or premium clients?
b. What is the clients 'perception of quality' ?
c. What are the non-linguistic issues linguists often overlook or under-estimate?
d. Finally, the presenter will go over a 10 point basic home-brewed but effective and tested quality model.
Freelancers and small and medium agency owners
1. Understand how linguistic abilities alone do not create and sustain the perception of being a high-quality provider
2. Other non-linguistic aspects to create the perception
3. How to create that perception with some simple techniques.
4. How to communicate clearly and confidently your quality policy.
5. Make that policy easily measurable and testable by the client.
6. Use a simple quality model specifically designed for Translators by Translators.
And the good sense to understand that quality of translation is differently interpreted, differently valued and differently expected across clients, projects and situation.
Click to expand
1. Classification of Quality of Translation: Linguistic and Non-Linguistic Aspects
2. Reducing these aspects into Measurable Units
3. Techniques to create perception related to these units
5. Anticipating the client's definition of Quality for a specific Project
6. Delivering in alignment with that 'client interpretation'
Registration and access
Click to expand
Price: 15.00 USD
Click on the buy button on the right to purchase your seat Participation fee includes unlimited access to the recording. How do I purchase the video? To purchase your seat at this session please click on the "buy" button. After your payment is received, your status will be changed to “registered and paid” and an invoice and receipt of payment will be sent to you for your records. How do I access the video?Once the payment is processed you will be able to watch the video here Translation quality - Manage your clients' perception of quality
Pritam Bhattacharyya View feedback | View all courses
General discussions on this training