MARIE LANCIEN
MARIE LANCIEN  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 23:17
English to French
+ ...
Jun 10, 2021

Bonjour à tous,

J'ai reçu une demande de traduction pour un texte sur l'agriculture en Europe.
Texte déjà traduit et accessible gratuitement sur Google.

Proposition d'acompte de 50% au début de la commande puis 50% à la fin. Avec demandé de RIB.
Bizarrement, la personne en question, Ana Sergio, me demande de traduire un texte du français vers l'espagnol, elle-même étant espagnole.

J'ai vu sur ce forum que ces pratiques étaient cour
... See more
Bonjour à tous,

J'ai reçu une demande de traduction pour un texte sur l'agriculture en Europe.
Texte déjà traduit et accessible gratuitement sur Google.

Proposition d'acompte de 50% au début de la commande puis 50% à la fin. Avec demandé de RIB.
Bizarrement, la personne en question, Ana Sergio, me demande de traduire un texte du français vers l'espagnol, elle-même étant espagnole.

J'ai vu sur ce forum que ces pratiques étaient courantes, mais je n'avais pas encore vu d'Ana Sergio.
Je pense qu'il s'agit d'une arnaque.

Bien à vous.
Marie
Collapse

Lina HUANG

Carla Guerreiro
Carla Guerreiro  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to Portuguese
+ ...
A-t-elle laissé ses coordonnées? Jun 10, 2021

Bonjour Marie,

Cette "cliente potentielle" a-t-elle laissé ses coordonnées? Son adresse électronique est une adresse gmail?
Si pas de coordonnées et si adresse gmail, il vaut mieux se méfier.

MARIE LANCIEN
MARIE LANCIEN  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Oui ! Jun 10, 2021

En effet : [email protected].
J'ai vu que Gmail + prenomnom+ chiffres = possible arnaque.

Erreur de débutante pour moi !

Jean Dimitriadis
Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Si le texte est déjà traduit Jun 10, 2021

Au risque d’enfoncer des portes ouvertes… il vaut mieux éviter de repeindre, voire retraduire.

Je remarque par ailleurs que l’agriculture a la cote chez les arnaqueurs… C’est un commerce florissant…

Surtout que les chasseurs de têtes affichent une prédilection pour les nouvelles têtes…

Reston
... See more
Au risque d’enfoncer des portes ouvertes… il vaut mieux éviter de repeindre, voire retraduire.

Je remarque par ailleurs que l’agriculture a la cote chez les arnaqueurs… C’est un commerce florissant…

Surtout que les chasseurs de têtes affichent une prédilection pour les nouvelles têtes…

Restons sur le qui-vive

https://www.proz.com/forum/scams/336199-possible_scam_organic_farming_translation.html

https://www.proz.com/forum/scams/344360-scam_alert_agricultural_reforms_case_study_italian_to_english.html

https://www.proz.com/forum/scams/340208-research_project_on_agricultural_reforms_in_eu_translation_scam_marie_stephens.html

[Edited at 2021-06-10 06:17 GMT]
Collapse

Yolanda Broad

Joachim Koehler
Joachim Koehler  Identity Verified
Switzerland
German to English
+ ...
Ana Sergio is a fraudster Aug 31, 2021

She has obtained fraudulently a translation from us leaving me with an invoice of 679 EUR. She is using the text/German translation for her purposes and therefore is infringing the copyright I own in accordance with WIPO and therefore national law. Moreover, we are just preparing a case for the "Cyber Crime Unit".
Any further questions or remarks to me:
Joachim Kohler
Mail: [email protected]

Ayrai Perez

Joachim Koehler
Switzerland
German to English
+ ...
Fraudsters at ProZ Sep 2, 2021

We have another case. Somebody has used Pfizer and has a new document translated intoGerman. Now he has vanished. The contact has been made vis ProZ. The damage is EUR 1440 and the second case in a short while. Below the addresses of the Cyber Crime Units:

FBI Headquarters
Cyber Crime Unit
935 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20535-0001
(202) 324-3000

INTERPOL General Secretariat
Cyber Crime Unit
200, quai Charles de Gaulle... See more
We have another case. Somebody has used Pfizer and has a new document translated intoGerman. Now he has vanished. The contact has been made vis ProZ. The damage is EUR 1440 and the second case in a short while. Below the addresses of the Cyber Crime Units:

FBI Headquarters
Cyber Crime Unit
935 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20535-0001
(202) 324-3000

INTERPOL General Secretariat
Cyber Crime Unit
200, quai Charles de Gaulle
69006 Lyon
France
Collapse

Ayrai Perez

Joachim Koehler
Switzerland
German to English
+ ...
Another fraudster: [email protected] Sep 7, 2021

Douglas Harssch is another one who should be on the warning list. He is doing exactly the same as Ana Sergio. He is a FRAUDSTER and using Proz as a base to find and damage translators. God know why. Further information via our legal division:

Mail: [email protected]

Ayrai Perez
Simona BONELLI

Joachim Koehler
Switzerland
German to English
+ ...
Fraudsters using Proz Sep 10, 2021

What the fraudsters try is this: they place an order for the translation of a document via Proz and accept the price. They are "paying" with a French check that is issued for a much higher amount and expect to be reimbursed the difference immediately. They send the check to the translator's bank. The check will then of course fail. The real problem is that they use a trusted source such as Proz. It is difficult to find out what is real and what is fake.

Further info via:
... See more
What the fraudsters try is this: they place an order for the translation of a document via Proz and accept the price. They are "paying" with a French check that is issued for a much higher amount and expect to be reimbursed the difference immediately. They send the check to the translator's bank. The check will then of course fail. The real problem is that they use a trusted source such as Proz. It is difficult to find out what is real and what is fake.

Further info via:

[email protected]
Collapse

Simona BONELLI

Ayrai Perez
Ayrai Perez  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:17
English to Spanish
+ ...
Scams Sep 10, 2021

Yes, I was scammed last week not here but on another online platform for translators. I did not know the way they operated but I figured it out before I sent the money back to them. His fake identity was flagged immediately as some others were, too. I did not know this has happened on proz!. Verify identities and above all do not accept personal or cashier checks as payment methods.

Sonia Lefebvre
Sonia Lefebvre  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
OMG Sep 13, 2021

Hello everybody!

I have obviously been the victim of such a fraud. Same topic : agriculture in Europe. Proposition, 50/50, asked for a RIB.
Refused to sign my agreement (well never answer when mentioned...), took ages to to send mails. She invented stories about her stepmother dying (I was waiting for the Civid reason, which of course came later...)

Name : Kim Snyder.

She issued a bank check from Ireland, expecting obviously me to send her the money
... See more
Hello everybody!

I have obviously been the victim of such a fraud. Same topic : agriculture in Europe. Proposition, 50/50, asked for a RIB.
Refused to sign my agreement (well never answer when mentioned...), took ages to to send mails. She invented stories about her stepmother dying (I was waiting for the Civid reason, which of course came later...)

Name : Kim Snyder.

She issued a bank check from Ireland, expecting obviously me to send her the money back as there was a huge mistake in the amount.
My bank is trying to get into contact with the Irish bank.
I had doubts, now I do not have any!!!
It's a fraud, she used pros never discussed the price, gmail address and name, well everything you said.
The problem is that she now has my bank info.

She contacted me in June and I have started anything and won't.

What can we do?

What's the point in doing that? I do not understand.

If you have any idea...

Best regards,
Collapse

Akiko Eizaki
Akiko Eizaki
France
French to Japanese
+ ...
Cas pareil Jun 30, 2022

Bonjour à toutes et tous,

Je venais de recevoir ce type de fausse demande par mail.

Nom : Kim Snyder (envoyé des États-Unis)
[[email protected]]

- texte original en agriculture en Europe
- du français vers le japonais
- paiement 50/50
- fausse erreur d'un versement (env. 9000€)
---> J'ai trouvé un autre cas pareil dans lequel "le client" demande au traducteur de verser un certain montant (env. 800€) comme caut
... See more
Bonjour à toutes et tous,

Je venais de recevoir ce type de fausse demande par mail.

Nom : Kim Snyder (envoyé des États-Unis)
[[email protected]]

- texte original en agriculture en Europe
- du français vers le japonais
- paiement 50/50
- fausse erreur d'un versement (env. 9000€)
---> J'ai trouvé un autre cas pareil dans lequel "le client" demande au traducteur de verser un certain montant (env. 800€) comme caution à un autre compte AVANT de recevoir son faux versement.

Attention à tout le monde !
Collapse

Laurent Di Raimondo
Laurent Di Raimondo  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Ne jamais répondre aux adresses @gmail.com Jul 2, 2022

En règle générale, il ne faut JAMAIS répondre aux adresses @gmail.com. L’expérience montre qu’il s’agit toujours d’importuns ou de fraudeurs.
Généralement les agences de traduction sérieuses utilisent leurs adresses mails avec les alias de leur propre site Internet. Lorsqu’il s’agit d’un particulier qui utilise une adresse @gmail.com, je ne travaille pas sur un projet avant d’avoir été intégralement provisionné. C’est souvent le meilleur moyen de savoir si il s’agit d’un fraudeur ou pas.

Lauren Lever
Lauren Lever
United States
French to English
+ ...
Also contacted me Jul 4, 2022

Hello everyone,

I was also contacted by an individual using the name Kim Snyder on June 30th inquiring about a large translation of 50 pages from French into English. It sounds like it was the same agricultural article that others have received. She requested to pay me 50% up front and 50% on completion. I was initially interested in the project but when I asked for more info about the entity requesting the translation she ghosted me
... See more
Hello everyone,

I was also contacted by an individual using the name Kim Snyder on June 30th inquiring about a large translation of 50 pages from French into English. It sounds like it was the same agricultural article that others have received. She requested to pay me 50% up front and 50% on completion. I was initially interested in the project but when I asked for more info about the entity requesting the translation she ghosted me.

The email address used was [email protected]
Collapse

Stefanie S.

Stefanie S.
Stefanie S.
United States
French to English
Scammed by Kim Snyder - [email protected] Jul 8, 2022

I also got scammed by "Kim Snyder" ([email protected]). It's as others describe: a request to translate an agriculture document, 50% now and 50% upon completion. She provided the excuse of having accidentally sent too much money by mistake after a mix up with an event planner's check. I took a closer look at the check and saw that the routing # had too many digits (it should have 9, not 10). I realized the check was fake. I didn't want to believe it so I did more research and found this thre... See more
I also got scammed by "Kim Snyder" ([email protected]). It's as others describe: a request to translate an agriculture document, 50% now and 50% upon completion. She provided the excuse of having accidentally sent too much money by mistake after a mix up with an event planner's check. I took a closer look at the check and saw that the routing # had too many digits (it should have 9, not 10). I realized the check was fake. I didn't want to believe it so I did more research and found this thread, confirming my suspicions. I thankfully hadn't deposited it yet. Beware.Collapse

Flora Antonucci
Flora Antonucci  Identity Verified
France
Portuguese to French
+ ...
Arnaque Sep 10, 2022

Pour ma part, même arnaque - texte agricole, du français vers le portugais.

Adresse mail : [email protected]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Andriy Bublikov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Alerte arnaque: Ana sergio

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »