Off topic: OmegaT Character Limiter Plugin
Thread poster: ikskoks
ikskoks
ikskoks
Poland
Local time: 12:15
Feb 18

Hi. I've just a released a plugin for OmegaT that allows you to limit translation length for each segment. 🙂
Source code and download --> https://github.com/bartlomiejduda/OmegaT-Character-Limiter-Plugin

Info from readme file:
"OmegaT Character Limiter Plugin allows you to limit characters in your translation projects. Do you want your translat
... See more
Hi. I've just a released a plugin for OmegaT that allows you to limit translation length for each segment. 🙂
Source code and download --> https://github.com/bartlomiejduda/OmegaT-Character-Limiter-Plugin

Info from readme file:
"OmegaT Character Limiter Plugin allows you to limit characters in your translation projects. Do you want your translation's text length to be less or equal it's original length? Do you have some global limit for all segments and don't want to exceed it? Then this plugin is for you. It's free, open source and fully configurable, so you can adjust it for your needs."
Collapse

brovxidfmgan (X)
Daniel Fernandes

brovxidfmgan (X)
brovxidfmgan (X)
. Feb 19

Thank you for making this plugin. Just a quick question, does this work in OmegaT Flatpak version on Linux? If so, I'll try it out this weekend.

And thank you very much for licensing it under GPLv3. 👍

[Edited at 2024-02-19 14:50 GMT]

ikskoks
ikskoks
Poland
Local time: 12:15
TOPIC STARTER
OmegaT Character Limiter Plugin Feb 19

Novian Cahyadi wrote:

does this work in OmegaT Flatpak version on Linux?

Hi. I don't know to be honest. I didn't test it on Linux. It was tested only on Windows version - OmegaT 6.0.0.
But you can let me know if it works for you in Linux and I'll update the "compatibility" section in readme file.

brovxidfmgan (X)

Daniel Fernandes
Daniel Fernandes  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 07:15
Member (2010)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Thanks a lot! Feb 21

That will be handy, in particular when working with subtitles.
Thanks a lot.

brovxidfmgan (X)
brovxidfmgan (X)
. Feb 24

OK, so this works as it should be on my Fedora Linux Workstation 39. But since I use the Flatpak version of OmegaT, I had to do a little workaround to install the plugin. This is what I get in exchange for airtight security. 🙃

If you installed OmegaT by downloading an installer from their website, you shou
... See more
OK, so this works as it should be on my Fedora Linux Workstation 39. But since I use the Flatpak version of OmegaT, I had to do a little workaround to install the plugin. This is what I get in exchange for airtight security. 🙃

If you installed OmegaT by downloading an installer from their website, you shouldn't need to do anything special. Just follow ikskoks' instructions on the GitHub page.

[Edited at 2024-02-24 08:53 GMT]
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

OmegaT Character Limiter Plugin

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »