Lorenzo Rossi
Lorenzo Rossi  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 14:21
German to Italian
+ ...
Dec 2, 2022

Dear ladies and gentlemen

I have to generate a X-bench file for a translation done in Trados. I never did it before. How should I proceed?
I use Trados 2017 and 2019.

Thank you.

Lorenzo

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 14:21
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Lorenzo Dec 2, 2022

In Xbench, go Project > New. Then make sure the "Files" tab is open in the dialog (it should be), and drag-and-drop the SDLXLIFF file into it. Xbench will ask you to confirm the file type ("Trados Studio File"), so just click OK and OK again. Then, in Xbench, go Tools > Check Ongoing Translation. It should show you a list of all things it discovered. Then, in Xbench, go Tools > Export QA Results, and select Excel in the file type.

Then, look in the Excel file and fix the issues
... See more
In Xbench, go Project > New. Then make sure the "Files" tab is open in the dialog (it should be), and drag-and-drop the SDLXLIFF file into it. Xbench will ask you to confirm the file type ("Trados Studio File"), so just click OK and OK again. Then, in Xbench, go Tools > Check Ongoing Translation. It should show you a list of all things it discovered. Then, in Xbench, go Tools > Export QA Results, and select Excel in the file type.

Then, look in the Excel file and fix the issues in Trados. Then redo these steps to create a new QA report (rinse and repeat). Once you're certain you fixed all issues, create a final QA report and send it to your client saying "they're all false positives".

(If you're working on a Trados project and not just a single file, the SDLXLIFF file is located in a folder with the target language code, which is a subfolder of the project's project folder.)

[Edited at 2022-12-02 12:46 GMT]
Collapse

Yossi Rozenman

H.W. Rin
H.W. Rin
Mexico
Local time: 06:21
Dutch to Frisian
+ ...
problem Jan 12

Hi, I get this error, what should I do?
¨there are no glossaries defined as ongoing translation or they have no segments¨

Riccardo Schiaffino
Riccardo Schiaffino  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:21
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
How to use Xbench Jan 13

Dear colleagues,

Please see these two presentations of mine, which should explain quite a bit about how to use Xbench:

https://www.aboutranslation.com/p/xbench-training.html

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to create a X-bench file

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »