importing htm file to the TD in idiom
De persoon die dit onderwerp heeft geplaatst: man_utd
Dec 7, 2009

The client asked me to put some terms in the terminology database which are written in html file
I tried to import this file but unfortunately, I found that the idiom couldn't import except BTX file which I don't know.
Please can anybody help me solving this problem?

FarkasAndras
FarkasAndras  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:49
Engels naar Hongaars
+ ...
Format Dec 7, 2009

HTML files come in many different shapes and sizes. The forum page you are looking at is an HTML file, too.
I'm guessing your HTML file is a table of some sort.
If Idiom accepts TBX exclusively (which would be really dumb, as I don't think it's a widespread standard right now), you'll probably have to import the terms to some CAT/terminology tool that can export in TBX.
Hopefully, you can just select the table in your HTML file and simply copy&paste it to, say, Excel or some ot
... See more
HTML files come in many different shapes and sizes. The forum page you are looking at is an HTML file, too.
I'm guessing your HTML file is a table of some sort.
If Idiom accepts TBX exclusively (which would be really dumb, as I don't think it's a widespread standard right now), you'll probably have to import the terms to some CAT/terminology tool that can export in TBX.
Hopefully, you can just select the table in your HTML file and simply copy&paste it to, say, Excel or some other spreadsheet program. Check if all the terms are in there in the right columns, clean it up as needed, save it as an xls or a tab separated file, import into a teminology tool such as Multiterm 2009 and export as TBX which you can then import to Idiom.
Collapse

man_utd
man_utd
ONDERWERPSTARTER
still having the same problem Dec 10, 2009

I tried this.
I took the html file which contains table of the required terms anexported XLS file (excel)
i imported this XLS file in multiterm and exported XML file to be imported in the idiom
The idiom showed me amessage says that this xml file is not TBX file.
Is the tbx file is some kind of xml files?
From where i can get it ?

Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
Frankrijk
Lid 2007
Engels naar Duits
+ ...
TBX files Dec 12, 2009

Hi, AFAIK Heartsome/Swordfish can handle TBX files. My Heartsome program has a feature to convert CSV to TBX.

FarkasAndras
FarkasAndras  Identity Verified
Engels naar Hongaars
+ ...
XML, TBX Dec 12, 2009

XML files also come in many shapes and sizes... TBX is a kind of XML, and Multiterm's native export format is a different kind of XML. If your multiterm version doesn't offer "TBX" in its list of export formats, you need a different tool. Simple, isn't it?

man_utd
man_utd
ONDERWERPSTARTER
it is still a problem Dec 31, 2009

FarkasAndras wrote:

XML files also come in many shapes and sizes... TBX is a kind of XML, and Multiterm's native export format is a different kind of XML. If your multiterm version doesn't offer "TBX" in its list of export formats, you need a different tool. Simple, isn't it?

its ok but which version i should use?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

importing htm file to the TD in idiom

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »