operating CAT tools
Thread poster: dennydewanto
dennydewanto
dennydewanto
Indonesia
English to Indonesian
Jun 24, 2014

Hi guys..

Can you give me a brief explanation about how to operate Translator's workbench and Idiom World Server?

such as:
1. how to import ms word document to xlxz or xml (file compatible with Trans workbench or Idiom WS)
2.how to begin to translate
3. how to create a translation memory
4. how to export it back..

Thank you for your time..
Im looking forward to your reply soon..

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 14:52
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Denny Jun 24, 2014

dennydewanto wrote:
Can you give me a brief explanation about how to operate Translator's Workbench and Idiom World Server?

Trados 2007 ("workbench") should have help files built it, bu I googled a bit and found an official-looking guide.

As for Idiom (the desktop client), I've got some training videos... 70 MB in total. Can you download that much? These videos must be opened in a browser capable of playing SWF files, such as Opera 12 (use drag-and-drop).

How to import MS Word document to xlxz or xml (file compatible with Trans Workbench or Idiom WS)

I don't think you can translate MS Word files in Idiom unless you actually have an Idiom server, and not simply the desktop client. You can translate MS Word files in TagEditor (Trados 2007), though. The process is a little complicated but I'm sure the PDF guide will tell you what to do.

[Edited at 2014-06-24 18:19 GMT]

[Edited at 2014-06-24 18:19 GMT]

dennydewanto
dennydewanto
Indonesia
English to Indonesian
TOPIC STARTER
operating CAT tools Jun 25, 2014

I just can operate Trados SDLX 2006 because it provides a tutorial of how to operate it..

I wish that Idiom WS has a tutorial too..

anyway, thanks for your feedback..

it's worth-trying..

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

operating CAT tools

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »