Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25] >
每小时翻译字数
Thread poster: XIAODAN SUN
Jinhang Wang
Jinhang Wang  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 13:51
English to Chinese
+ ...
正能量 Apr 28, 2013

嗯,大家都应传递正能量!特别是英语好的年轻人

Alan Wang
Alan Wang  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
poor America Apr 28, 2013

Ha! You said it!
Good for you, because I was on the brink of comparing your actions here to what the term beautifully captures, knowing that you have a tremendous tendency of going mad as a hatter digging up old threads.
Now between us you have the exclusive right to it. I will think of something else to use, perhaps the word “nuisance” will do.
It’s not a big deal for me.
Actually I am more concerned for Obama who is in the midst of waging a difficult war agai
... See more
Ha! You said it!
Good for you, because I was on the brink of comparing your actions here to what the term beautifully captures, knowing that you have a tremendous tendency of going mad as a hatter digging up old threads.
Now between us you have the exclusive right to it. I will think of something else to use, perhaps the word “nuisance” will do.
It’s not a big deal for me.
Actually I am more concerned for Obama who is in the midst of waging a difficult war against terrorism, he can’t be distracted!
Poor Obama! With all the nuisances created in his peripheral vision, involving one more raging injured heart in the country, that’s no good for America at all!

ysun wrote:
A veteran bore.
A perfect depiction for the above!

[Edited at 2013-04-28 14:01 GMT]
Collapse

Fargoer
Fargoer
Canada
Local time: 23:51
English to Chinese
环保 Apr 28, 2013

ysun wrote:

Fargoer wrote:

好好一座普罗寺,曾经香火鼎盛,却变得冷冷清清,几乎门可罗雀。还不都是因为这么吵呀闹呀的。这几天好不容易开始讨论点有意思的问题了,你们又一会儿要拉骡子来溜,一会要拉马出来溜。快成了骡马市了。
有意思吗?

不知您所谓的“你们”是指谁。据我所知,这话的出处在这里:
http://www.proz.com/forum/chinese/245477-what_is_post_editing_exactly-page5.html#2114837

也就是说,说这话的只是一个人。

臭氧层破了一个大洞,全球气候变恶劣,大家争吵谁排放的有害气体多,谁第一个开始的,都于事无补。
生存有危机了,大家都节能减碳吧!

这事儿我不会再置一词。

[Edited at 2013-04-28 06:35 GMT]

Jinhang Wang
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
风物长宜放眼量 Apr 28, 2013

牢骚太盛防肠断,风物长宜放眼量。

Fargoer
Fargoer
Canada
English to Chinese
心平气和 Apr 28, 2013

J.H. Wang wrote:

牢骚太盛防肠断,风物长宜放眼量。

我喜欢你的照片!

Jinhang Wang
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
得做点有趣的事情 Apr 28, 2013

Fargoer wrote:

J.H. Wang wrote:

牢骚太盛防肠断,风物长宜放眼量。

我喜欢你的照片!

谢谢!

[Edited at 2013-04-28 10:51 GMT]

wherestip
wherestip  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:51
Chinese to English
+ ...
Let's move on Apr 28, 2013

Who's the nuisance is pretty clear to me. I doubt we'd be here if that "no contest" phrase wasn't mocked with such ill will.

So it's really my fault that I didn't handle it better.

Peace, everyone.

wherestip
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
Anyway Apr 28, 2013

clearwater,

Thanks for the online dictionary link. My problem though was without a dictionary in hand, I wasn't even able to get access to the 屑 character anywhere on the web, because my Chinese entry method is limited to finding characters through pronunciation(Pinyin simplified). I tried searching for "不*一置" and "不*一听" hoping to get a hit through Google, both to no avail.

Anyone with any ideas what to do when this happens? - Short of getting a "brick a
... See more
clearwater,

Thanks for the online dictionary link. My problem though was without a dictionary in hand, I wasn't even able to get access to the 屑 character anywhere on the web, because my Chinese entry method is limited to finding characters through pronunciation(Pinyin simplified). I tried searching for "不*一置" and "不*一听" hoping to get a hit through Google, both to no avail.

Anyone with any ideas what to do when this happens? - Short of getting a "brick and mortar" real Chinese dictionary?
Collapse

Jinhang Wang
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
搜狗输入法不错 Apr 28, 2013

wherestip wrote:

Anyone with any ideas what to do when this happens? - Short of getting a "brick and mortar" real Chinese dictionary?

这是链接,您可以尝试一下:

http://pinyin.sogou.com/?s=alading

wherestip
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
搜狗输入法 Apr 28, 2013

J.H. Wang wrote:

wherestip wrote:

这是链接,您可以尝试一下:

http://pinyin.sogou.com/?s=alading

Thanks, J.H..

But I think I'll pass on that. I'm leery about anything that involves downloading, not only because it takes up space, but also you never know what kind of adware comes with it.

It's very seldom that I run into problems of not being able to locate a character such as this time with 屑. So I really can get by. Nevertheless, thanks for the link.

[Edited at 2013-04-28 12:10 GMT]

Zhoudan
Zhoudan  Identity Verified
English to Chinese
+ ...
read to Ipad Apr 28, 2013

Sometimes Ipad can give you a "fuzzy match," depending on how close your pronunciation is to the correct one.

wherestip wrote:

clearwater,

Fargoer
Fargoer
Canada
English to Chinese
常用词语 Apr 28, 2013

wherestip wrote:

clearwater,

用“不屑一顾”这样比较常用的成语,打成“不 一顾”, google 一下就可以得到很多链接。cut and paste “屑”字,google “屑 读音”,或者查在线词典。
其实,我试了一下“不*一顾”也行。重点是要用常用词语。“不屑一听”比较少用。

有时候,两个相连的字都不知道发音,就比较难查。例如“踯躅而行”。如果不知道前两个字的读音,就打成“**而行”试试。但这样搜索到很多常用词语,如“三思而行”、“见机而行”、“量力而行”、“结伴而行”等等。“踯躅而行”由于比较生僻,所以可能出现在很后的位置。这时如果你知道“踯躅”的意思是“瘸”或“跛”,就在“**而行”后面加上“瘸子”或“跛子”,就可能把你要的“踯躅而行”提前。

[Edited at 2013-04-28 12:27 GMT]

[Edited at 2013-04-28 12:43 GMT]

[Edited at 2013-04-28 17:52 GMT]

wherestip
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
Thanks Apr 28, 2013

Zhoudan wrote:

Sometimes Ipad can give you a "fuzzy match," depending on how close your pronunciation is to the correct one.

Thanks, Zhoudan. I'll think about getting one. The input software recommended by J.H. must be based on fuzzy matches also.

Jinhang Wang
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
I propose, and you dispose Apr 28, 2013

wherestip wrote:

Thanks, J.H..

But I think I'll pass on that. I'm leery about anything that involves downloading, not only because it takes up space, but also you never know what kind of adware comes with it.

It's very seldom that I run into problems of not being able to locate a character such as this time with 屑. So I really can get by. Nevertheless, thanks for the link.

[Edited at 2013-04-28 12:10 GMT]

ysun
ysun  Identity Verified
United States
English to Chinese
+ ...
请勿扑风捉影 Apr 28, 2013

Fargoer wrote:

ysun wrote:

Fargoer wrote:

好好一座普罗寺,曾经香火鼎盛,却变得冷冷清清,几乎门可罗雀。还不都是因为这么吵呀闹呀的。这几天好不容易开始讨论点有意思的问题了,你们又一会儿要拉骡子来溜,一会要拉马出来溜。快成了骡马市了。
有意思吗?

不知您所谓的“你们”是指谁。据我所知,这话的出处在这里:
http://www.proz.com/forum/chinese/245477-what_is_post_editing_exactly-page5.html#2114837

也就是说,说这话的只是一个人。

臭氧层破了一个大洞,全球气候变恶劣,大家争吵谁排放的有害气体多,谁第一个开始的,都于事无补。
生存有危机了,大家都节能减碳吧!

这事儿我不会再置一词。

[Edited at 2013-04-28 06:35 GMT]

我早就酣然大睡,您却还在这里慷慨陈词。既然您可以谈您对 “hostile levity” 的理解,为什么我就不可以谈我对“不屑一顾”的理解?您一再想充当论坛管理员的热情应该肯定,但若扑风捉影,拉偏架,就不但灭不了火,还起了火上加油的作用。难道结果不是这样吗?

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

每小时翻译字数

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »