Téma indítója: Lise Berthiaume
Pierre Gehenne
Pierre Gehenne  Identity Verified
Franciaország
Local time: 18:41
angol - francia
The Word trick Dec 9, 2005

Hi Lise,
Another option since nothing seems to be working: Select your source text and copy/paste it to a Word document (or your favorite text editor). Translate it from there not worrying about formatting. When you're finished, copy/paste your translation back to Excel in a column next to the soruce text. Then select the source text column by clicking its header, then click the button looking like a brush just after the Paste icon. this being done, click the header of the column you just
... See more
Hi Lise,
Another option since nothing seems to be working: Select your source text and copy/paste it to a Word document (or your favorite text editor). Translate it from there not worrying about formatting. When you're finished, copy/paste your translation back to Excel in a column next to the soruce text. Then select the source text column by clicking its header, then click the button looking like a brush just after the Paste icon. this being done, click the header of the column you just pasted your translation in and the exact formatting of the source text will be applied to your translation.
This should be working! Well, I hope so...
Cheers.
Pierre
Collapse

Lise Berthiaume
Lise Berthiaume
Kanada
Local time: 12:41
angol - francia
TÉMAINDÍTÓ
Thank you Pierre Dec 9, 2005

I send my translation yesterday night but as I do not have a translation to do right now I will try what you esplained to me.

I really want to know how to do this in case that I do have the same problem again.

Have a nive day, well Here it is lunch time but maybe it is night in your country.

Thank you again,

Lise

A témához tartozó oldalak:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to enlarge lines in Excel

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »