Said Abouharia
Said Abouharia  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:44
Arabic to English
+ ...
Apr 3, 2012

Hi everyone,

I would like to announce that ATA is planning to open the 17th ATA DIVISION: ATA ARABIC LANGUAGE DIVISION (ALD). Therefore, I am asking the ATA voting members to vote for this new proposal. They need 20 signatures to be collected by April 16, 2012.

Here is more information about the proposal:

Arabic is one of the six official languages of the United Nations. The Arabic language is also one of the critical languages taught in the USA. In 2
... See more
Hi everyone,

I would like to announce that ATA is planning to open the 17th ATA DIVISION: ATA ARABIC LANGUAGE DIVISION (ALD). Therefore, I am asking the ATA voting members to vote for this new proposal. They need 20 signatures to be collected by April 16, 2012.

Here is more information about the proposal:

Arabic is one of the six official languages of the United Nations. The Arabic language is also one of the critical languages taught in the USA. In 2011, while attending the ATA Board meeting in Oregon, Faiza Sultan approached ATA President-Elect Dorothee Racette and spoke of the need to establish an Arabic Division to provide a community of Arabic translators, interpreters, and linguists. Carmen Cross has joined the effort.

A large number of Arabic translators and interpreters would benefit from the networking, terminology research, and professional development opportunities offered by a division specifically for the Arabic language. This Division will go beyond language combinations and provide a venue for Arabic linguists to build their skills.

The proposed division’s organizers are now calling for signed petitions to support the establishment of the Arabic Language Division (ALD).

The ALD proposal and petition can be found online:

Proposal
http://www.atanet.org/divisions/ALD_Proposal.pdf

Petition
http://www.atanet.org/divisions/ALD_Petition.pdf

Thank you all for your support!

Regards,

Said Abouharia
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ATA ARABIC LANGUAGE DIVISION (ALD)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »