Thread poster: Phil Hand
deleted. (X)
deleted. (X)
Australia
Local time: 21:05
English to Chinese
+ ...
Cheating the system Sep 30, 2012

在北京火车站地铁站的站口常有一些人向路人售卖发票,通常是住宿和吃饭的发票,花200元可以买4000元或5000元也许更多(取决于你的讨价还价能力)的正式发票。上个月他们中的一个人还给了我一张名片,说如果需要发票可以给他打电话。

我有一个朋友就是靠这样的人帮助找来了很多发票来让他的公司报销他购买汽车的费用。因为他的经理对他说,公司可以为他购买汽车出一些费用(我忘了是出一半费用还是出三分之二的费用了),但是他必须自己能找到吃饭住宿这样的发票交给公司用来冲账(公司无法报销“购买汽车”的费用),所以他就这样弄来一些发票,顺顺当当地购买了汽车,加入到北京的堵车大军中。

James_xia
James_xia  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
市场经营怪象 Oct 5, 2012

Li He wrote:

在北京火车站地铁站的站口常有一些人向路人售卖发票,通常是住宿和吃饭的发票,花200元可以买4000元或5000元也许更多(取决于你的讨价还价能力)的正式发票。上个月他们中的一个人还给了我一张名片,说如果需要发票可以给他打电话。

我有一个朋友就是靠这样的人帮助找来了很多发票来让他的公司报销他购买汽车的费用。因为他的经理对他说,公司可以为他购买汽车出一些费用(我忘了是出一半费用还是出三分之二的费用了),但是他必须自己能找到吃饭住宿这样的发票交给公司用来冲账(公司无法报销“购买汽车”的费用),所以他就这样弄来一些发票,顺顺当当地购买了汽车,加入到北京的堵车大军中。

这些年来,一直是国内很流行的操作方式。真假都有,可谓市场经营的一种怪象吧~ 有时候,本地直接客户中,也有需要发票的,多的几千,少的几百。目前手上都还有一份上个月未结的600RMB的发票单子,已经联系朋友(经营一家出国留学公司)节后开具发票,然后快递给本地的一位台湾客户。

James_xia
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
中国特色的词汇 Oct 5, 2012

wherestip wrote:

No wonder you used the term "挂靠". To me it's an unfamiliar term. I actually had to look it up, and still didn't understand fully what it meant.

Sorry to hear that you're running into these small obstacles. But it's actually good that at least some outfits are doing business by the book.

8年前还在本地一家出国中介工作时,曾担任中文海外教育培训机构代表,与我方合作的是一家英国培训机构。记得英方代表也叫Steven, 与我同处一个办公室。经常讨论一些有趣的中西方文化差异。有一次,谈及一位客户的背景情况时,他在英文中直接用了中文“挂靠”的拼音。当时我一笑,问他是否清楚“挂靠”这个词意思。答:前两年在长沙时就明白了,并说这是一个很有中国人做生意有创意,这是具有中国特色的词语。他们英国的同行在一起表达类似问题时,都会直接用上“挂靠”。如, Get him to find a Guakao?

eng2chi
eng2chi  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:05
English to Chinese
+ ...
我有公司,可以代开 Oct 6, 2012

我有公司,可以代开

wherestip
wherestip  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:05
Chinese to English
+ ...
大概意思不难琢磨 Oct 6, 2012

James_xia wrote:

wherestip wrote:

No wonder you used the term "挂靠". To me it's an unfamiliar term. I actually had to look it up, and still didn't understand fully what it meant.

Sorry to hear that you're running into these small obstacles. But it's actually good that at least some outfits are doing business by the book.

8年前还在本地一家出国中介工作时,曾担任中文海外教育培训机构代表,与我方合作的是一家英国培训机构。记得英方代表也叫Steven, 与我同处一个办公室。经常讨论一些有趣的中西方文化差异。有一次,谈及一位客户的背景情况时,他在英文中直接用了中文“挂靠”的拼音。当时我一笑,问他是否清楚“挂靠”这个词意思。答:前两年在长沙时就明白了,并说这是一个很有中国人做生意有创意,这是具有中国特色的词语。他们英国的同行在一起表达类似问题时,都会直接用上“挂靠”。如, Get him to find a Guakao?

... 'cause it's probably a combo of "挂钩" and "靠山". But when I first saw it, I wasn't exactly sure under what circumstances the term was normally used.

There must be an English equivalent to it, depending on exactly what's involved. For example, could it be an ally, partner, advocate, sponsor, backer, patron, promoter, supporter, underwriter, guarantor, mentor, angel, sugar daddy, etc., etc., or a mixture thereof?

I just wasn't too sure what the term exactly referred to.

At the time, I was wondering if it was just another way of saying "大红伞", or "(抱) 粗腿“? These, by the way - for those who don't know - were the lingo of the era of the Cultural Revolution.

[Edited at 2012-10-06 19:12 GMT]

wherestip
wherestip  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:05
Chinese to English
+ ...
Jogged my memory Oct 6, 2012

Yeah, now I remember. I think in plain English, the term refers to the practice of hooking up with a licensed sponsor in order to carry out business legitimately.

James_xia
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
正解 Oct 6, 2012

wherestip wrote:

Yeah, now I remember. I think in plain English, the term refers to the practice of hooking up with a licensed sponsor in order to carry out business legitimately.

这可以说是“挂靠”这一中国特色词汇的简明释义。 :)

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

寻找挂靠

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »